PDA

View Full Version : BA premium economy

dick splash
18th May 2003, 20:38
Travelling lgw/tpa in October, anyone know if BA plan a premium economy cabin on this route?

Globaliser
18th May 2003, 23:23
www.seatmap.com suggests no.

Looking at 18 October, rows 1-6 are Club, 2-3-2 layout which is the cradle seat layout. W class returns no seat map and is not offered for sale on Galileo. Rows 10-44 are 3-3-3 World Traveller.

So it looks like this is the leisure route 777. Are they being dusked at all?

Tomb Raider
19th May 2003, 00:46
Dick,
The 777's at LGW are to be "Dusked" starting at end of this year,Oct/Nov sometime.

The ones that at the moment have 3 class( F J & M)will be re-configed to 4 class (F J W & M) and will have 14/48/40/122 respectively.

The ones that at the moment have 2 class(J & M) and I believe this is the a/c they use on TPA,MCO and KIN the majority of the time will be re-configed to 3 class (J W & M) with 40/24/219 respectively.Sadly for you,they are scheduled to be the last to be changed and are not due until April 04.
Hope this helps.

CandyBender
19th May 2003, 06:27
Tomb Raider.......have it on good authority from the station manager in TPA that the dusked a/c will serve TPA from June 2004 along with MCO. She's a very switched on lady & I'd trust her over any of the suits in Waterside/Compass/Jubilee.

dick splash
19th May 2003, 17:58
Thanks for the replies, most helpful, I actually don't mind sitting down the back but had a problem with a drunken female passenger on this route last October, Ba 777 was modern, ife was good and crew were outstanding only problem was this silly cow standing by her relative in the seat in front of mine and shouting a conversation while everybody tried to sleep, noticed her party had been split up all over the cabin so they must have upset someone at checkin! Just thought less chance of meeting mouthbreathers ( respect to whoever coined that phrase ) in a more expensive cabin.

dick splash
19th May 2003, 20:43
Thanks Tomb and Candy, just curious, where does the phrase 'dusked' come from?

Final 3 Greens
22nd May 2003, 13:16
Dick

'Project Dusk' was the conversion of club world from cradle to flat bed seats.

bealine
22nd May 2003, 18:28
........I actually don't mind sitting down the back but had a problem with a drunken female passenger on this route last October.........

Which just goes to prove what we always say:

"How good or bad a flight is, depends on how good or bad your fellow passengers are! "

dick splash
22nd May 2003, 20:08
Absolutely agree Bealine, as I said, nice modern 777, food ok, ife good and a really great crew. I got talking to one of the stewards and was suprised to learn that he'd only met one of the other crew once before and was first time meeting the others. In common with most pax I assumed crews were a team rostered from plane to plane and route to route, I was therefore doubly impressed at how they gelled together. The other big suprise is that I and I think most pax thought the average cabin crew wage was £20,000 to £25,000 a year.

Hand Solo
22nd May 2003, 22:51
On long haul at LHR it is!

Momo
26th May 2003, 16:23
Just arrived back from Chicago in the lowest class of the converted 777. Flights full both ways. On the way back I chose 26K, for the legroom (at the emergency exit), and got a good sleep. The little screens seem brighter, as they are mouted differently. I could barely see the one on the way over, even at max brightness. You need earplugs (which I had) if you want to sleep in row 26, as it is by the loos. Also, babies are against the bulkhead in the middle seat, which woke me up a couple of times.

The WT+ seats seem like the Club World seats from the mid-80s, with the addition of a screen. Referring to the base note, the 2-3-2 configuration must be the "old" Club World" layout. The new one is 2-4-2.

Momo