PDA

View Full Version : Leave Ban?

clungerton
18th May 2003, 19:48
On the mighty strategic tanker/transport, we're still on a leave ban, looking like it may extend through to June.

We've been covering for other sqn(s) on station, so they can have some down time, but we've been told to expect things only to get busier.

Are many other sqns out there on leave bans?

Just wondering if we're the norm, rather than the exception. This is not a bitch-thread by the way, as I am only too aware that there is always some other poor ****** who's worse off.

Understand Op Fresco's rearing it's ugly head again.:rolleyes:

flyboy007
18th May 2003, 20:20
A day out of uniform is a day wasted..........isn't it??

clungerton
18th May 2003, 20:28
Flyboy,

You're not wrong. In fact, if I were on leave, I would be quite tempted 'just to nip into work', there's little else worth doing is there?

And I'm jolly happy that I haven't wasted this weekend by not being in uniform. Civvies are so expensive to buy, aren't they?;)

KPax
20th May 2003, 01:16
Our CO has said.
a. Flying Training is not to be affected by the current ops (fresoc inc).
b. People are to take their leacve.
c. Commitments are not to stop or be slowed down.
I am afraid that this does not work, you either all get your leave or you keep the tasking going. Surprise that the 'Betts report' doesn't raise it's head again. You know the part that recommended a 'days pay' for every days leave lost. I bet they keep that one dead and buried.

DummyRun
21st May 2003, 11:03
Surely Op TELIC (Tell Everyone Leave Is Cancelled) finished when the RAF (good) News showed the first jets on the break at 'QL.

Anyone remember DTLGW the Staish at LCRA announcing in the Stn rag that 'now the war was over his personnel might be lucky enough to meet some of the aircrew that took part in Op Granby as they trail back through'

Bless 'em alll.

P.S. Forgot to thank the red thingies for the wake up call,- war's over, show must go on,... bed at 0400, flying smelly soldiers, you should have tried harder during flying training!! now get out of my Mess. Tush, and here was me thinking that Akro was the gateway to the East when all along it was Scampton (Summer). Thinking about a poll.......

clungerton
24th May 2003, 17:57
Fantastic;

looks like our leave ban will continue through June, too:D

At least I get nominated for SDOs, though. I suppose it's the only way of guaranteeing a weekend in the UK. Get to wear my No.1s, however!
Personally I think we should fly in them too.

I love my job.:)