PDA

View Full Version : BA: Binned Again

BreakRight
5th Apr 2001, 13:26
Just got the dreaded letter...

Didnt even make final board!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif I think I got caught on the hop by the numerical reasoning. Ah well, just the excuse I need to get some more flying done in my time and to have a year out dunnunda.

Amazing trip up and down to LHR managed to blag the jumpseat of the 75 both times, amazing landing by captain @ GLA in not inconsiderable windshear!!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Good luck to all those that were there on Monday and save me a space, I be along in a year..... in the meantime Im off to the pub :)

hardonharry
5th Apr 2001, 14:02
Take your medicine son.
only the best of the best get into BA

i suggest you start doing the Sunda Times crossword rather than dot to dot.

take heed

------------------
Theres something in thoses trees, and it ain't no man.

tunneler
5th Apr 2001, 16:32
Bit of an arrogant bastard of a reply that aint it mate?

Hard lines BR - keep on plugging away mate.

B

JT8
5th Apr 2001, 16:41
Hardonharry, great reply - must of been exactly what BR wanted to hear - NOT :mad:

BR, bad luck mate, get feedback and work on those areas you failed on.

Good luck next time.

JT8 :)

EvilTwinRating
5th Apr 2001, 17:08
The airlines must be falling over themselves to sponsor a gem like like you harry.

***hole.

CaptainCrunch
5th Apr 2001, 17:19
hardonharry - I'm only just beginning to plan my ATPL and I can't imagine the effort and commitment required just to be in a position to get an interview at BA. Fair play to the lad for all his effort and I should think the nearest to an interview with BA that you've been is when the Captain on the charter flight you took to your annual holiday to Torremolinos wanted a word after you had proposition the (male) flight attentdant.

tw@

BreakRight
5th Apr 2001, 17:24
Cheers guys, not a question of if, just when. Already typed up the nice letter asking for feedback.

Hardonharry, cheers pal, I will remeber that when you want to visit MY flightdeck!! :mad:

socrates
5th Apr 2001, 17:31
'Sunda Times crossword'....

5 letters, son of God.

J_s_ _.

Come on 'arry work that one out.

BR. Getting into BA is not the end of the world; you have taken the rejection very well. Have you tried all the others, as there are more ways than one into BA.

Good luck in your quest.

:)

BreakRight
5th Apr 2001, 17:41
socrates,

Yeah, I have my ear to the ground and will try anything to get a front seat, but I am just coming to the end of a very long uni course and some time off would be welcome, also I would like the opportunity to do some private flying as well, maybe whilst in oz. (although it would be nice to do it after ATPL training)

Eff Oh
5th Apr 2001, 18:24
BREAK RIGHT:- Hard luck mate! Dont worry you can try again. It doesnt mean you wont be a pilot! Most people dont get into BA.....I didnt!

HARRY:- :mad:
Your comment about BA only taking the best....well, they dont! The DO take very good people, obviously. However your post was not only an insult to BREAK RIGHT, it was an insult to all other UK pilots who dont work for BA! There are more pilots in the UK who dont work for BA than do. I personally dont WANT to work for them! To say that BA are the best and we are all rejects, is utter **** ! :mad:

I didnt get into BA. However I now fly B757's with a major UK charter airline...should I have stuck to dod to dot after BA rejected me??? I dont think so! :rolleyes: Incidently as you cant even spell Sunday (it has a "Y" in it) http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif I suggest that it is YOU who sticks to dot to dot. The Times cross word may prove too much for your tiny brain!

HARRY:- BREAK RIGHT never came on here to moan or complain about his bad luck! It takes courage to admit to your peers and the world that things didnt work out! If you work for BA (and I very much doubt that) I am sure that BREAK RIGHT is counting his blessings, that he will never come across a tosser like you!!

BREAK RIGHT:- Dont listen to this idiot, he is obviously a VERY sad man who has nothing better to do! If you are determined enough, and motivated you WILL suceed! Just hang on in there, dont give up. BA is not the only airline in the world!!
Hard luck mate.
Best wishes.
Eff Oh.

[This message has been edited by Eff Oh (edited 05 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Eff Oh (edited 05 April 2001).]

schooner
5th Apr 2001, 18:35
Guys, before you lay into hardonharry anymore be warned that he has allegedly got sponsored by BA (thread "BA Final Board " by BigBadDom ) so lets not give the arrogant tw@t any chances to be smug about himself.
God knows how he got it with an attitude like that :rolleyes:
Like socrates said, plenty more fish in the sea

cheers

ps, if only the best get in how in the hell did you ?

[This message has been edited by schooner (edited 05 April 2001).]

BJF
5th Apr 2001, 19:00
HARDONHARRY
The name says it all. Whats your problem. You've been watching too many movies, best of the best my Ar*E. Go away little man!!!!

BJF

P.S Break Right
Hard luck on BA But like many people will tell you there are plenty of others out there who are just as good if not better to work for. Stick With IT.

[This message has been edited by BJF (edited 05 April 2001).]

socrates
5th Apr 2001, 19:07
According to the moron, this is how he got into BA:

'i got into Ba with no experience, my tips are
don't bull**** your way through, if they start askin you technical question, if you don't know admit it. However its vital to demonstrate some kind of passion, i.e state what industry mags you buy, and tell them about all the airshows you have gone to and how you always look around the cockpit when you go on holiday etc.
remember they like rookies as you have no bad habits and are not cocky like have the members on this forum.

hope this was helpful.'

This raises 2 points:

1. It has been well publicised recently how BA employed an external recruitment agency to find DEP's and what a total mess the agency made of that. Apparently they were given a list of desired attributes and subsequently used these as a datum. Those recruits were in complete contrast to what is commonly perceived in a pilot, consequently, BA have had to go back to square one and re-assess how they recruit.

2. Had the idiot been interviewed by another company [and making a character assessment based on his highly informed posting] then I believe he would be still looking for a job.

Finally, I find it hard to believe what he has written and I think we should all consider this guy as one twisted and possibly very jealous individual.

Meanwhile, BR, if you can fly before your ATPL then this will relieve the pressures during the course, as you will have some skills. Don't worry about the idea of 'bad ideas'; you should be capable enough to change habits in the early stages anyway. Believe me, the ATPL course is as demanding as any uni course, but just as rewarding. In addition, any flying you do on completion of the course is also beneficial as you will be able to put those well-earned skills into practise.

Good luck http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Socrates

Duncan2
5th Apr 2001, 19:22
BreakRight,
Did you get to the final board last time?
I did and the thought of messing up the aptitudes on the second attempt after passing them once already is terrifying.
I have failed aptitude test for other airlines and companies before though and I have managed to improve. There are lots of practice books around. Do a search on this site to find the titles.
Good luck.

Pielander
5th Apr 2001, 22:17
BR & Duncan2

This is a question I've been meaning to ask myself. Just to clarify, BR, did you pass the aptitudes once? If so, did they highlight any weaknesses, such as they were, when you got your feedback? I too have just been binned after FB, and the prospect of tripping up on the aptitudes scares the living pants off me http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

D2, I take it you're in the same position as me then?

BR, have they told you how long you have to wait after failing the aptitudes? I heard a rumour that it was 3 years, but I can't believe that.

Pie.

Rusty Cessna
5th Apr 2001, 23:23
Never usually this abusive but, Harry...****!

EGPFlyer
5th Apr 2001, 23:58
Harry,
Why the attitude? Have you passed every test you have ever sat? I doubt it. Come down off your high horse and concentrate more on improving your own attitude rather than slagging off BR. I sincerely hope that I never have the misfortune of being on a flight deck with you and your expanded ego.

JT8
6th Apr 2001, 00:12
Pielander,

You have to wait one year after failing aptitudes. That means only 4 more months and counting before Im back at Cranebank for take 2 http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

JT8

Mister Geezer
6th Apr 2001, 01:33
Break Right..... really sorry to hear about that news. However it is good to see that you have sprung back and are still positive! You will get there and if you want it then nothing can stop you! :)

BTW thumbs up to Eff Oh for a cracking post earlier on! Here Here!

Maybe Harry would like to say where he is going to do or is doing his training?????

MG

------------------
Don't land in a field or the sheep will eat the aircraft.

Nick Mahon
6th Apr 2001, 03:26
In the end BR, you've got the right attitude and surely that counts for something. If you don't get in to BA then there are plenty of other airlines that you can have a crack at. Though keep persevering - it can only be in your favour!!!!

Good luck matey

hardonharry
6th Apr 2001, 13:21
Hey i was just telling you all how it is, its good to encourage people etc but half of you lot all live in cloud 9. Attitude does count for a lot, but i'm afraid if you have failed interviews and aptitude tests etc is because the airlines don't think you have the ability to last the training, its not just about flying these days but customer service....i suggest rusty you get your ass down tescos for a stint on the deli, this is sure to build your character.

hey i waver my charge

BreakRight
6th Apr 2001, 14:15
oops, started a riot.

Harry: Your kind should be shot, as you only bring the rest of us into disrepute. You sit up there and talk about attitude, well yours sucks mate!

We really should have a method of barring individuals like this.

D2 & Pielander: The 'again' in binned again refers to apptitudes I did when I was a nipper for the RAF ( I was trying to do MICROPATS when I was 16 and was suffering from the flu!!), yes failing aptitudes terrifys the living daylights out of me because it implys that you dont have the apptitude to be a pilot. I prefer to think that I just had a bad day. I am posting the letter requesting feedback today and intend to use the feedback to practice the weak areas (I firmly believe that if you manage to practice the apptitudes you can get better at them). Final board is what worrys me, because you have to justify to your employer why they should invest 10s of thousands in you http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif In terms of getting into BA or even passing any interviews or apptitudes for any sponsorship I am not worried and to be honest I dont care who I work for as long as they give me an aircaft to fly, there is more than one way to skin a rabbit and I WILL be a pilot even if I have to pay for it myself. (highly likley, the bank are gonna love me!!) The trick is dont worry, see any rejections as part of the process rather than the end of the story. I am really only starting on this and a couple of kicks are to be expected. If you want it as badly as we do then its just a matter of time.
Just keep looking up at the contrails.

[This message has been edited by BreakRight (edited 06 April 2001).]

Barbara-Bumble-Bee
6th Apr 2001, 14:42
Sheeeeesh, I hope you are NOT on my course hardonharry! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Breakright, hope to be flying with you one day mate :)

schooner
6th Apr 2001, 15:03
harry, who did you have to blow to get accepted http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif ?

cheers

Eff Oh
6th Apr 2001, 15:24
Harry I think it is YOU who lives on cloud nine!
As I said on my earlier post, I didnt get into BA when I applied for sponsorship. Therefore I paid for it myself. As I had failed the the aptitude tests, as you put it I would not be able to handle the training......WRONG (AGAIN!!!) http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif I have never to date failed a flying test. Also I have never had an airline simulator assessment below, "above average". I started flying at 16. Now 22 I have flown 2 commercial types (Saab 340 and Boeing 757.) [They are aeroplanes in case you were not aware!]I am not boasting (I dont have any reason to)I am just pointing out what can be done as a "BA reject!"

If, you are sponsored by BA then what stage are you at? Are you actually flying for them?? Because I am sure that with your attitude, YOU wont make it through the course. You will be either weeded out in the simulator, or during line training. Lets face it you DONT have what it takes, do you? You have jumped the first of many hoops. You are the type of guy that the airlines tryed to get rid of in the early 70's and 80's! The "I am the best and no-one can question me type." Well sorry mate, but unless you change your nasty ways, you will be back on the deli at Tescos before long!

You are obviously unaware of what a pilot actually does! We dont go wandering through the cabin asking pax their travell plans! As an Airline Pilot the only time you will see the pax is when you go to the toilet! I am not saying that is a good thing, but thats the way it is!! Customer service does not come into it. We like to leave that with the Customer Service Agents, thats what they are there for!!

I dont know why I bother because, I wont change your prehistoric views. I can only hope that you change before you get into the aircraft!

Well done to everyone who got into BA. You have all done very well! You are in a great position and I hope you all make the most of it! :) It is nice to see Harry that the others that got into BA DO NOT share your views!

BREAK RIGHT:- Well done mate you have exactly the right outlook on life! I realy hope you make it, I am sure you will! :)
MISTER GEEZER:- Cheers for your support! :)
Eff Oh

BreakRight
6th Apr 2001, 16:11
Cheers for the support peeps :)

Eff Oh: Rock on mate!! ;)

BreakRight
6th Apr 2001, 16:17
Hey everyone check out harry's profile :) :)

Harry, you take the p1ss out yourself, you really dont have a clue. SEAL my a**e. Pathetic, please go away and come back when you have grown up - wind your neck in.

Token Bird
6th Apr 2001, 16:30
hardonharry,

You sound like you're quoting direct from a BA glossy brochure! You have to bear in mind that airlines look for different things in their pilots. Obviously, we all need the basic aptitude, but BA tend to put more emphasis on Customer Service than others. It doesn't make them right and everyone else wrong. Customer Service is important but it's not the be all and end all.

Eff Oh - I agree with most of what you say. I disagree slightly with what you said about Customer Service being up to the CS reps. Everyone in the organisation had a role to play and a contribution to make to customer service (sorry if I sound corny), but as I said above - it's not the be all and end all.

hardonharry (again) - I do take offence that your attitude seems to imply that a pilot who works for someone other than BA is somehow going to have a lesser career than a BA pilot. It is possible to join BA at a young age and stay with them forever and be very satisfied, but equally, getting rejected and then working your way up through instructing, night cargo and turboprops can also be satisfying. Those who have to work hard to achieve something are more likely to appreciate it.

Token

Eff Oh
6th Apr 2001, 17:08
TOKEN BIRD:- I totally agree with you. We do all have a certain responsibilty for CS. However as a pilot it pays a tiny amont of our job. I suppose if you look at on time departures, trying to make slots, dealing with ground crew as CS then yes. I ment the raw facing the public type CS. (As you would get in Tesco.) I have done that too. It aint the same! I agree we do all have a small part of CS to deal with. I also agree that it aint the be all and end all! :)
Eff Oh.

E-Fizz
6th Apr 2001, 18:05
Eff Oh, judging by the literary reaction to Harry's faux pas I wouldn't want to throw the cat back amongst the pidgeons but; did working behind the Tesco deli at sixteen pay you so well that you are subsequently able to write "Therefore I paid for it myself", in respect of your training? If it did I'm off to my local supermarket straight away!

Irrespective of how you did it you've done very well to fly 757's at 22 BUT, the way you jump on Harry's comments, no matter how ridiculous or ill-informed they are, does reflect a level of immaturity. Simmer down.

Eff Oh
6th Apr 2001, 19:34
No E-FIZZ working in ASDA didn't pay the £55,000 for my training. Several insurance policies a Career development loan and my parents remortgaging their house paid for that! So no I am not some little rich kid! Yes I am VERY fortunate. Yes it was a MAJOR struggle! However I will be paying it back for the next 5 years! Enough of my finacial background.

I am far from immature, if I was, I wouldnt be in the position I am now. I have never been called immature in my life! I may be many things, but that is one thing I am not!

I dont come on to PPRUNE and slagg people willy nilly! I am not that type of person. Ask anyone on here who knows me. I do think that our dear friend HARRY is immature. His posts clearly show an immature, "I'm alright Jack" type of attitude. Now E-Fizz I dont know you, or your background. However if you are involved in aviation, then I am sure that you will agree that Harry has the type of attitude that we tried to stamp out years ago!

Dont you think that the way Harry stuck the boot into BREAK RIGHT was out of order? There was absolutely no need for that type of response! It was totally unacceptable. Put yourself in BREAK RIGHT's position when he read that! He never complained or moaned. He even wished everyone else "All the best"! For Harry to attack him in the way he did, I think is wrong! My post's intention was to show that following rejection by BA, that you can still make it in the Aviation industry! Some people could be put off or disheartened by HARRY's comments. I am glad to see that BREAK RIGHT is not one of them!

This is not a discussion of my achievements or career prospects! Far from it. It is a discussion (and that is all it is) of one person's comments to another! I (and the majority of others) disagree with HARRYs opinions. I dont think from your post that you agree with HARRY, I could be wrong, but I dont think HARRY should be let away with this! I do appreciate and accept your comments. However I do not think that anywere in my post do I appear to be immature.
As for me simmering down..... I dont think I have lost it at all in my posts. The good old PPRuNe phrase springs to mind........"If you don't like it...Don't read it!!" I am sure HARRY is big enough to conduct his own discussions! I believe if you post on here you should be able to take any justified critisisim (as I am now!!) :)

Eff Oh.

[This message has been edited by Eff Oh (edited 06 April 2001).]

tunneler
6th Apr 2001, 19:51
Yo E-Fizz - if standing up for your buddies when some **** takes a dig at them makes you immature then I guess I'm every bit as immature as Eff Oh.

weeknob (much better ring than hardon no?) harry has no right to judge or label someone who hasn't passed an aptitude test - would any of us slag someone off for failing a sim check or god forbid a medical???? I think not.

As a mere wannabe I have already ascertained that the odds are stacked against myself and others in the chase for that first job, and when some twit who thinks he is better than everyone else gets on his high horse it really does get me down.

Hey Harry - hope you enjoy BA, might even get to fly with you one day, and I really really hope you pay attention when you get to that CRM course.

B

E-Fizz
6th Apr 2001, 21:34
Eff Oh - "if you don't like it - don't read it" is a contradiction in terms, I'm looking for information and so read everything. You're right though, I don't agree with harry's post it's silly, you know it, I know it and Harry knows it ... well ... maybe he doesn't but there we go ...

As far as immaturity goes, we all have our moments, me included, it would be immature of me not to admit so! But quips about peoples spelling, grammatical correctnes etc etc is trite, especially when you make mistakes of your own.

I happen to think that even people like the infamous 'ronchonner' have a point. It's just difficult to see it through his crazed style of writing.

None of us are anywhere near perfect...

Pielander
6th Apr 2001, 22:17
So would it be immature to suggest that Ron and Harry ought to have their own private forum so they can slag eachother off and leave us grown-ups in peace?

schuler_tuned
6th Apr 2001, 22:50
oh dear harry, you are a silly knob, GOODBYE!

Pandora
6th Apr 2001, 23:51
Harry,

keep up this attitude and you will be out before your training is complete. I do not know anyone who has been given the heave-ho due to inability to fly, (and when you think about it, 140 CEPs taken out of approx 35000 applicants in my year - not getting in doesn't mean you won't be a pilot ever, it just means there were a lot of applicants and they have to reject some of them some how.) Anyway, getting back to attitude. Believe me when I say they watch your attitude very closely. You will be part of a team at your school, doing charity events, social events, and team presentations. You will be expected to be a courteous and polite member of these teams. You will have to pull your weight and be encouraging to the members for whom this is not their strong point. The attitude you are currently displaying is not one of courtesy and politeness. In fact it appears that your attitude is extremely antisocial. Not content with getting people's backs up once you come back for more. Even your potential coursemates who are starting their course soon, maybe with you, are expressing their dismay at having to spend a year with you.

Believe me, BA will notice this. So sharpen up now, show us you're a big man, and apologise to the various people you have insulted on this thread, starting with Break Right.

Sick Squid
7th Apr 2001, 02:48
What Pandora has said is very true, and if I may distill between the lines a little bit...

Way back in the dim-and-distant was-it-really-that-long-ago when my bunch of 16 lucky souls fronted up at EGPK, within 2 weeks it was obvious to those on the course who would a/ struggle, b/ come top or close to it, c/ be chopped for PQ's (personal qualities) within the blink of an eye d/ just motor through. There was a great deal of "pulling together;" everyone has strengths and weaknesses and queues would form outside the rooms of people with prowess in Radio Aids, Nav, Met, Perf-A etc.

It's a crucible in there; you can't be someone else for a year and a half, no matter how hard you try.

Now, bearing in mind the red print at the foot of this forum all may not be as it seems, and this thread may have turned into one big fishing expedition. However, I will say good luck to Break Right... hang on in there. BA is not the be-all and end-all of aviation, they just make life a little bit easier.

Right... back into lurker mode on this one.

£6

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 07 April 2001).]

Eff Oh
8th Apr 2001, 00:08
E-FIZZ:- Thanks for your post... I have NEVER slagged off anyones spelling! (As TUNNELER will tell you, I aint the worlds most gifted!)However I am a pilot, not an english teacher!! The point about HARRY missing out the "Y" in Sunday, was a joke! If you didnt get it then thats OK. It appears as if BREAK RIGHT got it!

You obviously dont like me our my views. Thats what PPRUNE is about! I think I too will retire to the sidelines on this one, as I have said my bit, and feel that it is all turning a bit petty now! Good luck to BREAK RIGHT and to all the BA hopefulls!
All the best.
Eff Oh! :)

ronchonner
8th Apr 2001, 00:55
hey, who is telling i m immature.
i m problably less immature than you think, i m not the guy paying your crapy schools and dreaming for a job with BA.
I could easily join an european airline because I have the experience.All you have, it s a damn JAR licence you paid a fortune and your family is in big trouble with their bank cuz they believed all your crap stories to become an airline.
Now, if you fail, it s your problem, because you are too bad, and if you are unemployed after several years, it s again YOUR problem, and stop to BLAME the government or the aviation industry.Start to think and be mature, start to fly and be paid to fly.
Pilot is a job, not a job for sisi...
do you think I blame the JAA or the FAA?no, i certainly do nt, do I insult you?, no i don't ?do I say stupidities? maybe, but why do I have so many answers???
Anyway, be proud of your nice yellow tattoo (JAR approved) and stop to ronchonne!!!!

Pielander
8th Apr 2001, 01:36
Roncho

Nobody said you were immature. (Not on this thread anyway), in fact, I happen to agree with Pandora, in that you do have a valid point. The problem is that you seem to start off every posting by insulting someone, and even if this is just intended to emphasise a point, it actually ends up obscuring the point, because people won't read past it.

I agree with you partly (I think) apart from the BA bit. The whole point about the JAR regs is that they are designed to price private individuals out of the market, and force the airlines to recruit cadets based on personal qualities, such as BA do now. The fact is that this has just not happened yet, but if it did, then piloting would be like any other job, where all you need to have to get it is the right abilities and personality. If the airlines thought you didn't have the right stuff, then they wouldn't employ you, and this would make it harder for @r$eholes to sneak onto the flight deck (though not impossible, as this thread has shown).

I'm not saying that self-sponsored candidates are second rate. They still have to get employed, but then the pool of potential pilots is <artificially> limited mostly by the number of people with the commitment or money to get their commercials. IMHO this does not produce the pilots, but the problem lies with the airlines and their lack of enthusiasm in coughing up for training costs.

Pie

[This message has been edited by Pielander (edited 07 April 2001).]

Goldfinger
8th Apr 2001, 15:11
The sort of attitude expressed by HHarry is not helpful nor wanted.

Having been through BA's selection process three times and having got through to final interview, all i can add is try, try and try again. Provided you have all the attributes that they require it is possible to get in. With regards to feedback I had a former BA Capt telephone to tell me to re-apply as i only narrowly missed out and had all the attributes they wanted. I am currently working towards a frozen ATPL off my own-back. BreakRight all the best. Attitude goes a long way.

PS, how are people doing with the JAA exams at the moment ?

What goes around comes around !

great expectations
8th Apr 2001, 18:49
Guys,
Enough of this. It aint interesting. Nuff said. xx

tunneler
8th Apr 2001, 19:05
Love it when you take charge ge - absolutely love it!

xxx

left outer, right inner
8th Apr 2001, 19:43
oooouuggghhhhh suits you sir!! :)

trolleydollylover
8th Apr 2001, 21:02
Chaps dont worry about this sponsorship nonsense, if you want to make it then you will, have faith in yourselves. There have been some very good coments over the last couple of pages, and a whole lot of love!

Just remember with companies like BA you are a commodity to them. As you get older your priorities will change and the idea of working for a big company will be horrendous. Money isnt all. How about the idea of wife, kids and a dog. There is something to be said about going back to your own bed at night and your Swedish au-pair.

I cant believe that I said something so mature, BA should be seen as a starter block who wants to spend their time dialing in digits on an autopilot, titing about with variable pitch props and flying rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong is what it is about. Use them because they are sure as hell going to use you. Who wants to be managed by a bunch of fags and birds, I would rather be lead than managed (For those in the know). Smaller companies can be the way forward.

Good luck lad

------------------
Whoa there bigfella, whoa!

trolleydollylover
8th Apr 2001, 21:06
Whoa what happened to my Flying Rubber Dog **** out of Hong Kong, some rotter has put an **** when is should have said S_H_I_T

------------------
Whoa there bigfella, whoa!

Pielander
8th Apr 2001, 22:19
What? You mean $hit?

trolleydollylover
9th Apr 2001, 00:04
Its from Air America...

Pielander
9th Apr 2001, 00:32
Whoop Whoop! Imposter on the flight deck!

It was from Top Gun!! (I should know - I've seen it too many times :)) Maybe that just makes me a spotter, but I would have thought any pilot ought to know his Top Gun from his Air America. What are they teaching you at Atlantic Flight Training these days? :) :) :)

I didn't know they automatically removed your expletives. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif Clever ****, eh?

I was reading your post on £5K or £17K. Are you going the instructor route or just ploughing though the whole thing to Frozen ATPL "Airline Standard"?

Pie

[This message has been edited by Pielander (edited 08 April 2001).]

trolleydollylover
9th Apr 2001, 00:38
Roger Dodger

Pielander
9th Apr 2001, 00:47
You've lost me there

trolleydollylover
9th Apr 2001, 00:48
Maybe you are right that is the last time I am going to offer you some advice you fat git. I dont watch ponch American films anyway, you want to get your chubby little cheeks of the sofa and into the gym before the CAA add you to a variable in the weight and balance for Perf A. Comprende? Also get your pie eyes away from the hollywood drivel and into the ATPL books.

Pielander
9th Apr 2001, 00:58
Ay Captain.

That's the best advice I've heard all day :)

Gymlander

trolleydollylover
9th Apr 2001, 00:58
funny git

Pandora
9th Apr 2001, 11:28
Hey, hang on a minute here. I leave the country for a couple of days and suddenly it is reported that I agree with Ronnie. I find him very funny but have never, ever agreed with him.

Pielander, I think you'll find that it was E-Fizz who thinks Ronnie has a point.

BreakRight
9th Apr 2001, 12:33
Crazy?.....Nah this is just night time!

..Air America

also: Land??? (said in refrence to landing a turbo porter on a mountain side :)) Bet BA would like it if you did that with a 74 ;) ;)

GJB
9th Apr 2001, 14:13
There's no doubt that tha BA scheme is one of the best - training paid for and a nice plane to fly at the end.

But there are other options available to you. What it comes down to is sheer determination. If you want it enough, you will get it.

Keep your chin up and look forward. Don't dwell on the past.

Frederic
12th Apr 2001, 14:04
BR, may the force be with you! Don't give up buddy!

Pielander
12th Apr 2001, 22:12
Pandora: Sorry, I need to get my facts straight here. I just seem to remember him saying "Pandora, I love you" at some point. Anyway, I've started disagreeing with him entirely as well now, especially after some of his recent postings.

BR: Yes, that was indeed some landing ;)

Pie