PDA

View Full Version : 'Nick from Cranwell' - Radio 2

ewe.lander
18th May 2003, 03:19
Staggered that NFC got away with his 'views' on Radio2 yesterday without an opinion from military pruners.

Whilst a lot of Navy, Army and RAF people went to the Gulf and did a chuffing good job under awful circumstances, this gentleman was on standby to quote 'fly over Iraq' from Cranwell, with thoughts that would do George Galloway proud.

Either:
a. I remain a thick Northern Monkey

or:
b. NFC should have his gonads removed with a rusty knife

not withstanding Beagle's opinion (which I usually agree with), or somebody who believe's in the C130J, I await the usual tirade's.

PS. Nowt wrong with being a Northern Monkey and supporting Southampton today was there??

BEagle
18th May 2003, 13:49
Sorry, chum. Not old enough to listen to Radio 2, so I don't know what was said!

.....OK, just Wogan on the way to, and Walker on the way from, when I was having to go to Binnsworth every day for the 6 weeks or so before I cleared from HMFC!

The Gorilla
18th May 2003, 22:38
I only listen to Lincs FM and he wasn't on there. SO come on then tell us what he said!!

:ok:

Chinese Vic
20th May 2003, 20:03
Well, I heard it and the man deserves to be shot. By what he said, he purported to be aircrew (probably an officer although I can't be 100% sure) and stated that he 'had been within a week of flying to the Middle East and doing the job for real'. He then went on to state how the lack of 'real finds' of WMD indicated that the war was illegal...
Now, correct me if I'm wrong (it has been known) but aren't we supposed to be apolitical? Doesn't appearing on the Jeremy Vine show representing the 'anti' point of view contravene QRs?

We all have our point of view but surely a degree of sense should have prevailed in this instance.

:confused: CV

Pilgrim101
20th May 2003, 21:29
Well, I suppose we are allowed in our democracy to think for ourselves but the issue of WMD is being siezed upon by the desperate antis to prove they were right despite the removal of a despotic, tyrannical regime, so they don't need too much encouragement from the I told you so brigade. My theory is that Saddam buried the elusive WMD under the tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of bodies being unearthed now........................

Lets face it, Saddam had all the time in the world thanks to the French and Germans to carry out lots more executions and dispose of that kind of evidence so barrels of other stuff wouldn't pose too much of a logistics problem to the regime.

:( :( ::suspect: