PDA

View Full Version : Excel Job offer

747dream
17th May 2003, 22:52
Anyone able to help, just been offered a job by Excel Airways LGW base with contract till 31 Oct but means relocating. What they like to work and life in LGW.

homesick rae
17th May 2003, 22:59
have a mate that works there and enjoys it...albeit there are early rises as per norm...uk nights stops...

life around LGW is good...Horley is walking distance to the airport...plenty accom available around the entire LGW area.

Jim Spence
18th May 2003, 00:38
Homesick

Is it correct that Excel also operate scheduled services? I was considering going back to UK from Dubai to go onwards to Malta on holiday, since the direct EK flights were busy. One of the options I was offered from LGW to MLA was on Excel?

I thought they were just charter operation. If they are scheduled too, can anyone confirm if they have two classes or just single class op. Route was listed on a 757?????

Thanks.

LGWAlan
19th May 2003, 16:30
yep XLA do have a couple of leased 757 - I believe operated in conjunction with Air Atlanta - feel free to correct me if that's wrong. They also do operate sked services to MLA - but AFAIK these are single class - a bit like the Air2 DP flights to LCA and PFO. I relocated to LGW a while back for exactly the same reason (different airline though) - and 7 years later I'm still there! Depends on the person you are and how adaptable to it you are - I love it - wouldnt move back up north again.

747dream
20th May 2003, 19:19
thanks for the information
It seems as if excel still have vacancies for Manchester as was offered manchester option when said to them couldn't reolcate asap to LGW.

crundale
22nd May 2003, 03:28
couple of courses to go in LGW, and one top up course to run in MAN. As long as you can cope with the 0315 CFU then it is a great place to work.