PDA

View Full Version : XMAS GATBASH SEMINARS - Mark 2

InFinRetirement
4th Sep 2001, 15:41
In the interest of saving the server from copying the oozlum bird, the original thread has been closed. All details are as before however and you can refer to the first page to obtain the necessary arrangements.

CLICKING HERE WILL TAKE YOU THERE (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010037)

But I am getting a bit fed-up with promised cheques not arriving (this does NOT include Flypuppy who has e-mailed me seperately).

I have, therefore, removed the names of the wayward and I will accept anyone until all 50 places have gone - even if you have been before. There is about 7 places left.

I thought I was being as fair as I possibly could be, but if some folk just can't be bothered, neither can I.

This is the listing of those who have confirmed their attendance by sending me their payments.

AIRBUS PILOT
ATC NIGHTMARE
BIG BAD DOM
BIG BLACK RAT
BIZ
BLINDSIDE
BUGGS
CALYPSO
CANDO
CAPT.BIGGLES
CHARLEY
CHARLEY BOY
CYPRES
DELTA-WUN-WUN
DIGGA
ESSEX BOY
FINAL DESTINATION
FL390
FLORIDIAN FALCON
FLYPUPPY
FRA
GAF4139
GAZEEM
GEAR UP
GPS APPROACH
G-SXTY
HAROLD BISHOP
JONATHANG
JT8
MAD JOCK
MUSTBEE
NICK M
NOVEMBER WHISKEY
PJ997
RED DEVIL
RED HOT AMATEUR
SCRATCH ONE BANDIT
SPEEDBIRD CONCORDE1
SPRINTING RABBIT
THE FLYING GUNMAN
THE GREENER GRASS
THE ISLANDER
THE NAVIGATOR
TOM775257
TOSH McCABER
TROUBLEATTHEMILL
VORTEX WHAT
WCALL
WE WERE SHOT DOWN
WEETABIX

That is 50!! Finally got there!

[ 06 October 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Pop ]

G SXTY
4th Sep 2001, 16:08
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I thank you.

Sagey
4th Sep 2001, 16:50
Hey come on guys, send your cheques in.

I went to the seminars last time and they are definitely well worth the money, the waking up early. Just get that cash in. I would snap up a place if I could make it this time, but still hope to make the bash if I can fiddle leaving a family thing early.

IFR, hope they all go as well as last time, and cheers for taking time out to organise them for wannabes

Sagey

FL390
4th Sep 2001, 17:27
Well, I have to agree with Sagey.....IFR has put a HUGE amount of time and effort into organising this and I think he deserves to get all the cheques in on time.....so come on everyone, GET THOSE CHEQUES IN!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Or face my wrath!!! Grrr.... :D :D :D :D

scroggs
4th Sep 2001, 18:51
Don, I hope you're keeping a blacklist of those who booked up and didn't pay up so that we can exclude them from future seminars!
I really don't understand the mentality of those who tell us they really, really want to do this and then bottle out. Still, those who do attend will, I'm sure, have a very worthwhile day.
All being well with my roster, I intend to be there on the Friday night again. This time I will make it to the curry :D

SPRINTING RABBIT
4th Sep 2001, 19:53
IFR,
WHILST I HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY REPLIED TO THIS EVENT, I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO ATTEND. I CAN HAVE THE PAYMENT SENT TO YOU BY FRIDAY AT THE VERY LATEST, IF I AM NOT ALREADY TOO LATE.
THE OPPORTUNITY OF COMING BACK TO THE UK IN OCTOBER ENABLES ME TO ATTEND THIS POPULAR EVENT, SO I THOUGHT I'D STRIKE WHILE THERE APPEARS TO BE PLACES.
MANY THANKS IN ANTICIPATION

tom775257
4th Sep 2001, 21:11
Hi IFR,

I would be very interested in going to the event, if there are still places I would like to reserve one, and on your confirmation of a place, will send you the money ASAP.
Many thanks,
Tom. :)
p.s. Is it a problem that I haven't even gained my PPL yet??

Edited to add question.l

[ 04 September 2001: Message edited by: tom775257 ]

InFinRetirement
4th Sep 2001, 22:38
Sprinting Rabbit. Send your payment tomorrow WITH an e-mail confirmation and you are in.

That goes for tom77527.

If no confirmation the places go to others.

G SXTY
5th Sep 2001, 01:55
No Tom, its not a problem that you haven't finished your PPL yet. I haven't either and - if last time was anything to go by - you'll find that people's experience ranges from zero to several hundred (even thousand) hours.

Can only agree with Scroggs' point. I'm completely baffled as to why some people plead for a place and then can't be @rsed to stick £20 in the post. Still, their loss . . . :p

Steph Sanderson
5th Sep 2001, 02:25
Hi IFR,
I have recently returned from the states after completing my PPL, and would be really interested in coming along to this bash, if you could let me know if there are still places available?
Many Thanks
:cool:

Cypres
5th Sep 2001, 13:48
IFR,

the cheque is on it's way along with a separate email confirmation.

Cheers

Cypres

-------------------------------------
Cinderalla, you shall go to the ball.

tom775257
5th Sep 2001, 14:39
IFR,

Cheque is now in the post, e-mail about to be sent...
many thanks again,
Tom S. :)

SPRINTING RABBIT
5th Sep 2001, 21:28
IFR,
Email sent as well as cheque, so thankyou again.
Something other than Xmas to look forward to in December!
SR :D

InFinRetirement
6th Sep 2001, 13:55
RAINBOWS

I have reserved a place for you. Please send cheque as per details on page i of the previous thread. The link is at the top of this page.

Blindside
6th Sep 2001, 21:36
I'd like to come if there are places left.

Best regards

Scratch One Bandit
6th Sep 2001, 23:18
If there are any spaces left, I would be very interested in attending. Cheque would be in the post ASAP if selected.

[ 06 September 2001: Message edited by: Scratch One Bandit ]

InFinRetirement
7th Sep 2001, 15:14
The last two places have been taken, and I await their cheques. If I have not received them by Tuesday of next week I will offer them to the people who have contacted me, and to whom I have promised the opportunity to take them over.

SPECIAL NOTE:

If any of those attending the seminars wish to attend the Gatbash also they may do so, providing they are 18 or over. ALL the details regarding Room rates, menus and charges, are on the PPRuNe Bashes Forum - but I'll save you the trouble of having to find it!

JUST CLICK HERE (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=50&t=000286)

Page one of the thread is what you want.

IFR

mad_jock
7th Sep 2001, 15:17
Haven't forgot your 2 quid in post today

MJ

InFinRetirement
7th Sep 2001, 23:49
Thanks MJ. Good opportunity to put this back to the top. :D

InFinRetirement
10th Sep 2001, 01:18
:D

InFinRetirement
11th Sep 2001, 14:13
After all that I have said, after being told that cheques are in the post, the post has been and guess what? Nothing.

OK! Fair enough. If I don't get the cheques from the last two places I have promised them to, I will cancel it and give them to two others. TOMORROW!!!! :mad:

InFinRetirement
16th Sep 2001, 02:26
There is ONE more place for the seminars.
CAPT. WANNABE wanted it and it is his if I receive his cheque next week, by Friday.

Otherwise it goes to the next one on the list.

Just for your info. A total of 19 people who applied for places never responded to e-mails or messages. They will NOT get another chance!

InFinRetirement
22nd Sep 2001, 00:21
The list is now closed.

Thanks,

IFR