PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been into Shaibah lately

solotk
17th May 2003, 06:46
..Or more importantly been for a look round the airfield? Just chasing a rumour at the moment;)

Thanks

Tony

Fox3snapshot
17th May 2003, 06:53
Is that the shady bar in Soho that has the live snake act ???

:E

solotk
17th May 2003, 08:31
That's not a rumour!!!:)

No, this one concerns remnants of the Royal Iraqi Air Force rotting away quietly...

Fox3snapshot
17th May 2003, 09:01
You mean the place in western Iraq that a certain squizzy and stealthy bunch of Ozzie super snoopers rescued 50 or so Iraqi Air Force aircraft, including what appears to be some Mig 25's from my photo's......or have I yanked the wrong end of the chain? If not I have pix and footage of the OP there, PM me for a copy.

:8

PS

Did I mention that the same bunch of individuals secured ....wait for it......

7.9 million KG of Explosive (Yup, Bang Bang) Ordnance!

Hi Carumba!

:ooh:

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
17th May 2003, 17:30
Shaibah.....Shaiiiiiibah

I'm fed up and I'm cheesed orf

I've got those Shaibah blues.

Eighty-four....Hoot and Roar

solotk
21st May 2003, 14:12
Groooooooooooooan :)

Well surely someone must have been in there lately?

high spirits
22nd May 2003, 17:19
Yes, and the rumour(if it's about rare, old, dead future museum pieces) is correct... a spotters paradise.

SunderlandMatt
22nd May 2003, 18:38
SirPeterHardingsLovechild, isn't that a T-shirt. Been there, met you (84), got the t-shirt :ok:

Fox3snapshot, go on give us a peek! :ooh:

4PON4PIN
22nd May 2003, 21:31
SunderlandM / SirPeter.. You can sing the Shaiba blues but have you got the Firq-Saiq tie?
Scorpiones Pungent ;)

Flatus Veteranus
22nd May 2003, 21:47
Not very recently, Solotk. On 12-15 Jun 55, to be precise, as witness at court martial of fellow Meatbox mate who had elected to take off downwind, contrary to the advice/instructions of ATC, and then rejected take-off too late and rammed the BABS hut, to the considerable detriment of HM Meatbox. Severe Dig and 6 months seniority, which bothered him not as he was just coming to the end of his service. Did the Ozzies find the wreckage of a Meatbox in the overshoot?

"We're leaving Khartoum by the light of the moon
We're sailing by night and by day..."

solotk
22nd May 2003, 21:51
High Spirits, that is the duty rumour, glad to have it confirmed:ok:

Any photos knocking around?

Flatus , while you were there, can you remember what else might have been in the dump or out on the airfield? I'm chasing another rumour about some rare beasties.

Fox 3, there appears to be a comms foul up with my outbox, so the answer was yes, if you can PM me, I can send an email address, ditto to High Spirits.

Now all I've got to sort out, is an indulgence

Thanks to all

Tony:p