PDA

View Full Version : GB Airways

Off Stand
17th May 2003, 06:34
Can anyone tell me any info about GB? Things like benefits, take home every month, promotion opportunities. I won't mention which airline I work for, but I am a purser looking to move on and GB does look like an attractive option. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

go flyer down the back
18th May 2003, 04:07
as main crew about £850 to 1000 a month with flight pay .
after 6 months b a concessions.
but a lot of fed up people there longing to get out. i was there for 8 months gave in my notice lots of friends there wish to leave . 4 sectors a day 6 on 2 off .
much better stuff out there look elsewhere if i was you
good luck .

baboy
19th May 2003, 02:54
Well I have worked for GB for a few years now and have seen alot of change. Go flyer down the back is about right with the details he gave you.
It is very hard work and a few 12 hrs +, 3 sector with full service (drink/wine,hot meal,2 x T/C tax free ) days which nearly kill you!!!. Nightstops nothing what they used to be. For this summer we have:
8 Hrs Spilt Duty Valencia
8 Hrs Spilt Duty Alicante
12-20 Hrs Malaga
At LHR they have:
12 Hrs Marrekech
12 Hrs Casablanca
Alot of the crew ( old & new ) are very fed up and it doesnt seem to be changing. I am applying for a new job at the moment because there has to be more to life than this.
Promotion is good if you previous experience,but be prepared to have to take LHR report for that if you were to apply.
Saying all this I have made so many good friends at GB and 99% of the time we have a good laugh on the flights and that what gets me through the day.
Good Luck if you do decide to apply