PDA

View Full Version : Help Please...

DILANO7
16th May 2003, 13:12
used to have excellent eyesight but since of late after studying late for my ukcaa atpl's and a lot of time in front of the computer, i have noticed that i do get a bit of blurred vision off my left eye.
i can see well with it and identify objets at a distance, but sometimes find it a bit worrying since i cannot read car licence plate numbers for example though i can make out about 70 % of it. please help me as to how to improve my vision and restore it to 20/20 without glasses. any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

Detour
16th May 2003, 13:34
http://snurl.com/1da6-cavok

Check it out , that's a great book. I surely benefited from it and have averted the misery of glasses and contact lenses, at least so far.

Thomas coupling
18th May 2003, 08:50
Hey, if your eyesight doesn't come up to scratch...there is NOTHING you can do to improve it other than artificial assistance (glasses/lenses).
Anyone who tries to sell you something promising better eyesight is a con artist!!!

Do your test, get your glasses and get on with your life:*

Can you give us the reasons why the method doesn't work? This technique has come up before as a solution could you elaborate?

thanks, hawk

Detour
18th May 2003, 09:52
<<"Anyone who tries to sell you something promising better eyesight is a con artist!!!" >> Now that's an optimistic view.
Thomas coupling, have you read the book , or even attmeped to go on the site and read the free sample pages? I guess, not.

It tells you to change your habits, and about a number of easy eye excercises that strenghen the eye muscles. There is a lot we can do ourselves without having to shell mega bucks on Ophthalmologists and Optometrists. It's based on the common motto of ' prevention is better than cure'. I managed to have a near miss of a lifetime of contacts and glasses ( so far at least) , thanks to some sensible lifestyle changes adopted after reading this book.

When I read, "please help me as to how to improve my vision and restore it to 20/20 without glasses. any help would be much appreciated" from DILANO7, I felt that he could benefit from the book which would not cost him more than AUD20 as opposed to or along with the obvious (and fairly dearer) step that he will any way take of visiting an eye doctor. And my experience with them has not been an entirely positive one - Took a cheap eye drop for the floaters, that suddenly appeared in one of my eyes, for 3 months and paid 40 times the cost of the eye drop to the doc (need I mention that I have not seen that doc ever again after those 2 visits). A few weeks after that, another Optometrist, served me the ultimate sentence - weak vision= glasses. I came back home and spoke to a friend who told me abt this book.

I am still without glasses and acc to the recent medical , the vision is normal. Anyway, I do believe that home remedies can be of great help and sometimes the only help.

By the way, DILANO7, if you are in Sri Lanka, you could probably find that book for abt Rs.100-150 , perhaps cheaper in a second hand store.

Good luck.

DX Wombat
18th May 2003, 15:12
Just another thought or two. Have you turned down the brightness on your computer screen as this may help a little? Also, try an anti-glare screen to put in front of the monitor. I do both but find the last particularly helpful and really notice the difference when using a monitor which does not have an anti-glare filter. I also use the computer in a well lit room.
It would also be very sensible to have a thorough , general medical check up to rule out other possible causes of the apparent deterioration in your vision.

Speedbird19
19th May 2003, 07:03
Thomas Coupling, how can you have the audacity to say such a thing....do you even know wot the bates method is??
It is wonderful and it works, if you have a positive attitude and an optimistic mind. Obviously you don't.
:( :(