PDA

View Full Version : Too old?

kram
4th Sep 2001, 05:28
I'm 24 and already got my PPL. I am plaining to do my CPL, ME/IR and Instructor Rating within the next year. After that I am planning to do a 3 year Degree in Aviation Mgmt and Instruct at the same time. So when I finish all this I will be 28 have 3 years instucting (hopefully some ME/IR instructing)and a degree in Aviation.

I am not really aiming at a 747 job but jet or turboprop one day would be nice. I hold a british and Australian passport so I'm not just limited to Australia but I would like to stay in Australia.

Have I missed the boat? Am I taking the right path?

I would like to see anyones thoughts.

Thanks

Oleo
4th Sep 2001, 12:43
"Spring Chicken" is a word that springs to mind ;) No, even at 28 you will not be "too old" but then it is all a function of the current state of the pilot market. Stickability is the key to success in flying as in anything.

An admirable plan, but why do you want to do a degree if what you really want to do is fly?

Manflex55
4th Sep 2001, 13:02
kram,

This topic being posted on a regular basis in this forum, I suggest U read this thread (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=009976). I'm sure it'll cheer U up re: your age ;) .

MF

Rob 747
4th Sep 2001, 14:39
Good question Oleo!

Surely an ATPL/IR is worth alot more than degree? :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Tohse who can, fly! :D :D :D :D :D