PDA

View Full Version : How many hours did you have when you embarked on your ATPL G/S?

SuperTed
3rd Sep 2001, 21:42
Hi all!

Just interested how many hours you had when you did your distance learning ATPL course and what flying qualifications you had i.e night, IMC etc!

Rote 8
4th Sep 2001, 20:08
SuperTed - I have been working on Groundschool with Bristol for around 15 weeks now. I started straight after finishing my PPL, (about 63hrs). People go on about waiting until you have 150hrs, personally I cant see the point. You need 150 hrs to begin the CPL but the ATPL distance learning is going to take long enough to get the hours up at the same time.

Cheers

dakersg
4th Sep 2001, 20:35
Had about 92hrs, including IMC. I'm doing distance learning whilst working full-time, so intend to do some hour building at weekends over the coming months, and probably a night rating over the winter.

Then hope to do some intensive hour building abroad (probably OZ) just before commencing CPL training full time (probably July'ish next year).

avrodamo
4th Sep 2001, 23:06
I did my PPL in the states and then with 55 hours started my Atpl Bristol. I havn't had any major problems, and by the time i'm finished the course i'll have the 150 i need for the next stage ;)