PDA

View Full Version : Good jobs to have while d/learning??

SuperTed
3rd Sep 2001, 21:26
My present contract (non IT) is coming to an end. Since I have started my distance learning course I am in a postion to tailor my selection of job to suit my more important study needs!

Can I ask you wannabes for any suggestions for jobs which go well with an ATPL distance learning course. I have a strong background in the physical sciences but no formal qualifications in IT!

Any suggestions would be helpful- including any website links!!!!

Many thanks!

GolfFoxtrot
4th Sep 2001, 02:12
SuperTed

Congrats on starting the ATPL grounds. As for good jobs to do while d/learning,I'm currently working as a Geophysicist in the oil/gas industry working 5 weeks on(exploration vessel) 5 weeks off(home). During the time off I am finishing an MPhil in Geodesy. This little arrangment works very well for me as the time I have off allows me to spend full days/weeks at a time dedicated to study. The money is generally very good and its all tax free. Well enough anyway to give up work next summer and fund a full modular course to FI level anyway

Other jobs with the same life style include navigators and electrical engineers as well as the more traditional drilling and production engineering side.

Hope this helps. If your interested let me know and I'll send you a list of exploration companies/websites.

squitter
5th Sep 2001, 00:25
Any job in the aviation world to get your foot in the door, even as something like a ramp agent so you get your face known on the flight deck.

FMC=MC2
5th Sep 2001, 23:52
I've just finnished my atpl's. While I was in the books I looked after my kids part time and played music at the weekends. Looking after the kids was tougher than the papers if the truth be known.
Something which lets you think while the body works.

Who knows... :p