PDA

View Full Version : B737 Antiskid with Manual Reversion

LEM
14th May 2003, 15:56
Could anybody please confirm that the Antiskid is still available for a manual reversion landing? (737 Classic)
Thank you.
:confused:

Pickle
14th May 2003, 17:08
Confirmed. Anti-skid is available without Hyd system A+B.
I believe anti-skid system will work normally if primary brake system is working normally (only using trapped accumulator pressure from Hyd system B). :ok:

BOAC
14th May 2003, 18:12
Best to avoid using it, though, because as it cycles the brake pressure it bleeds away what little brake pressure you have! The rule is steady predal pressure but not enough to activate the a/skid.

LEM
14th May 2003, 18:45
Got it. Thanks a lot :ok:

BaByJet
16th May 2003, 01:59
well,

I might have missed a page in the AOM, as far as I know the anti skid cannot be switched off.
So the above comment " do not use antiskid" might not be quite correct.

BBJ

BOAC
16th May 2003, 06:33
Quite right, BBJ - still possible 'not to use it'!

PifPaf
16th May 2003, 10:08
Hummm...
In the 737-200, you do can deactivate antiskid (there are two switches on the center panel).
I know you were talking about the Classics - since I've never flown it, I couldn't assure that it is possible to turn it off. But there is a switch too (only one in this case) - what is it for?
You could check it on http://www.b737.org.uk/centrepanel.jpg

Cheers,

PP

BaByJet
16th May 2003, 13:08
BOAC, you are right,

that is : as long as the rwy is long enough and rwy condition doesn't require a braking force that actuates the antiskid. But with manual reversion we probably never go for a rwy like that.

Regarding the classic part; I missed that in the thread, I was talking about NG.

bbj

BOAC
16th May 2003, 17:35
"But with manual reversion we probably never go for a rwy like that."

Think I might!!