PDA

View Full Version : HTML Question

Tonic Please
14th May 2003, 02:54
I'm doing a web design course with the open university. I have the following question I have difficulty in answering as the previous text in the section the questions refer to does not mention anything. How should I know the answers if they dont give me the necerssary text to read? Anyhoo, rant over, question time:

Find three types of HTML4.0 (Transitional, Strict and Frames), and, using your word processor, describe each type and explain why you might use it.

I'll post the next question when I nuderstand this. One at a time now eh :)

Ok, please help!! :uhoh: :8

amanoffewwords
14th May 2003, 04:13
TT280 by any chance?

I'm doing TT281 myself (only one week behind so far...:eek: )

Anyway, from previous experience (fourth year) - the OU doesn't always spoon-feed you all the info - and yes they do sometimes ask questions that are not necessarily referred to elsewhere in the course text - check the footnotes!

I'd do a search on Google if I were you - or go straight to the horse's mouth at http://www.w3.org/ - the html gods.

Good luck

Tonic Please
14th May 2003, 04:16
Yes! TT280 exactly. I have had a ponder over w3. I think I,ll look harder next time. I have not got a problem that they do not spon feed one. But, at least give some kind of info.

What do you mean by "foot notes?". I have also done a search on gooooogle, and didnt really find too much, altho found some fanatstic gyu who has devoted his time to giving a free online mini course in HTML understanding!! Very helpful indeed.

Smooth skies!

Dan

amanoffewwords
14th May 2003, 05:57
In normal length courses you get OU produced material which usually include a lot of footnotes/additional info in appendixes/addendums etc - during one of the courses I did I came across a question in an assignment which was based on 3-5 lines of footnotes on one page of a 300+ page document - easy to miss. But not really applicable to TT courses as far as I can see.

If it wasn't for Google we'd all be in deep s...

Btw, have you tried posting the same question on Firstclass?

Tonic Please
15th May 2003, 06:33
Finaly got firstclass working. Got lots of quetions answered. Feel a bit more on my feet now. I can be up away with the rest of them . Never realised how in-depth the course is! Im hoping to, and only thinking of seriously, starting my own company in web design. I want to move to Canada. I know I need 2 years of working as self employed to enter as a self employed worker, so I might either go straight into wormk out there as a web designer. Perhaps with the decent pay, I wont need to start my own company! I'll just live happy, and enjoy the beautiful place from the air :cool: Thats what us pilots do right?

Smooth skies,

Dan.