PDA

View Full Version : A case for OAT's Partnership Programme

Shanks
3rd Sep 2001, 12:46
Just a thought, but....

A major airline recruits 20+ sponsored students anually, and they're assesing these students on a set of aptitude tests and a couple of interviews. Since they're investing over £60K in these students, it's a huge risk on their behalf with no proven track record. There's also the possibility of students thinking that they've finally made it and relaxing during their training, I don't know the statistics but there must be a percentage of sponsored students that don't make it through the course.

Now alternatively the airline could reduce the number of sponsored students they INITIALLY recruit and pick up students that have already been vetted (painful mental picture involving elbow length rubber gloves) and are achieving 85%+ on the modulars for only £30K.

As I said, it's just a thought....preparing for incoming! Be gentle, I'm a newbee poster on the wannabe's!

bow5
3rd Sep 2001, 13:07
PLEASEEEEE don't start this argument again. Check out the post about 65k for an ATPL by MurrayNN. Everything you want to know about this is on there.

[ 03 September 2001: Message edited by: bow5 ]