PDA

View Full Version : JAR-FCL Amendment

GonvilleBromhead
3rd Sep 2001, 12:25
Taken from http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_policyupdate.pdf for ATPL's :-

"The existing rule allows candidates to split the fourteen papers into two seperate parts. This has been removed and candidates may attempt the papers in any number of parts, may sit papers in any order and may opt for a schedule to meet their own training course requirements."

Sorry if it's old news, just wondered if anyone has/is thinking of using this option ?

The eighteen month rule obviously applies so I would imagine there's not too much of an advantage in this amendment. Any thoughts ?

cheers.

DiverDriver
3rd Sep 2001, 19:53
Gonville, Not sure if this is the same rule a friend invoked when he was due to take his first 7 papers. He knew he wasn’t going to pass one of them at that time so elected not to take that paper and sat 6 papers at his first sitting (he gave the CAA prior notification I think). If I’m right you are allowed 6 sitting in total with a maximum of 4 attempts at each paper. If this is right my friend used his nounce and didn’t waste one of his 4 attempts

cortilla
4th Sep 2001, 03:16
i know that rule has been inforce for at least six months if not more, and yes many many people are using this rule to their advantage, not getting ready intime and taking five papers in one sitting seems to b common nowadays :D

Broken Wings
4th Sep 2001, 23:39
GB

Thanks for the update. What did we do before the Internet?!
:)