View Full Version : start up iraqi airways

syed
12th May 2003, 23:02
HI

Anyone has any information about the new setup for iraqi airways, I would think that they might need expat pilot to begin with due to the fact that they don't have enough skilled pilot.

I am looking for contact names to write to for a flying position, so anyone out there have any information please help.

mutt
13th May 2003, 01:09
Why do you think that they wont have enough pilots?

Mutt.

Rabbit
13th May 2003, 16:26
Pilot shortage I don't think so!!!

They had a viable airline before the 1st Gulf war, they have many former Air Firce Pilots and as for qualifications there are many many Iraqi pilots working for various airlines around the world who will probably jump at the opportunity to go home to be involved in the restart of their national airline.

The more interesting question is where will they get their aircraft from. Their existing aircraft I have seen parked at various airports are probably unflyable. I can make a fairly good guess......

Have a nice day

Jim Morehead
13th May 2003, 16:28
I don't think it would be a matter of a pilot shortage<bg>! I would guess that ARMING pilots would be a non-issue!!! So the U.S. and Iraq are the only conuntries that allow pilots to be armed!!!

JIM

Ramboflyer 1
18th May 2003, 09:48
A national airline will be a long way off , they may get a couple of 737s for a while but i think Gulf Qatar and EK will jump start the place.

Rabbit
18th May 2003, 17:04
It has just been published in the Gulf newspapers that Kuwait Airways will be the first operator starting operations to Baghdad soon and followed shortly after to Basra as well.

Have a nice day