PDA

View Full Version : Coincidences?

Hufty
12th May 2003, 23:43
I rent a room in London when I'm down here and heard about somebody who had a spare room in their house through a colleague.

After a couple of days I was chatting with my new housemate and it turned out she was best friends with my ex-girlfriend when they were at school in Scotland!

They lost touch after they both went to university. I thought that was very odd indeed. Have any other prooners experienced odd coincidences or had 'spooky' experiences such as that???

VFE
13th May 2003, 00:23
Yeah....

Chatted a burd up in New Jersey on the Friday night and on the Sunday I went to the cinema with a mate. Cinema was packed so had to sit next to a stranger. Stranger turned out to be the girl I chatted up that Friday! Spooky. :hmm:

Another one was when I managed to get on the jumpseat of a B737 a coupla years ago. In the cruise the FO started to tell me how the Captain ran a website for wannabe pilots. The website was PPRuNe and the capt was PPRuNe Towers. :ooh:

Shame ole Towers can't map read at 300kts around the London TMA though....... ;)

VFE.

jethro15
13th May 2003, 00:36
Just a couple of months ago I took a phone call from a gentleman by the name of Richard Burton while a colleague was on a different phone. When she was free I remarked on the guys name, to which she replied “Spooky or what?. The girl I was talking to was Liz Taylor”, and passed me the notepad on which she had written the girls name. Shook us both.

jethro15
UK and Ireland Airline Fleet Listings
http://www.jethros.i12.com

Four Seven Eleven
13th May 2003, 00:40
I was at the pub the other day when two women walked in. I ducked out of sight and said to the bloke next to me: "You're not going to believe this, but my wife and my mistress just walked into the bar together."

He said: "What a coincidence.... I was just about to say the same thing!!"

;) :D :}

Konkordski
13th May 2003, 01:45
I was combing a second-hand bookshop and came across an old copy of "Tristram Shandy" which had been recommended to me several years previously by a college friend. So I thought I'd give it a shot.

I hadn't been in contact with this friend for about six or seven years, didn't even know where she might be.

The day after buying the book I received an out-of-the-blue email...guess who from?

Anthony Carn
13th May 2003, 02:18
Tristram Shandy !!!

That's amazing !

ChrisVJ
13th May 2003, 02:24
Coincidences can be dangerous.

I met a young lady in a model agency. After going out with her for a couple of months we discovered she was a close friend of the people who use to live in the flat above us a few years before.

Now she has six kids and can't escape. I bought her a card yesterday to celebrate.

tony draper
13th May 2003, 02:33
Got a book out the library once about coincidence full of the most amazing happenings,all fully verified, although how they verifed them I dunno.
One that springs to mind.
Lady manning the office alone one day whilst her boss is out of town on business, unusualy because her boss is away,she locks up the office at lunch time and catches a bus into town to do a bit of shopping.
As she is passing a public phone box it rings, and like most people she enters the phone box and answers the call, of course it is her boss, he asks her to go to a filing cabinet and get him some info, of course he does not believe her when she tells him he has misdialed the office number and she just happened to be walking past.

spoooky :ooh:

VFE
13th May 2003, 03:51
Not a coincidence but a funny story nonetheless which Tonys post reminded me of.....

A mate of mine decided to add an extra week to his weekend away in Italy so called up work to ring in sick. Problem was the international operator put him through to his boss which kinda messed up his excuse if you know what I mean. :}

All my mate could utter was "sh!t, I guess that's my job gone then?" to which his boss replied: "P45 time mate!" :D

VFE.