PDA

View Full Version : Air Wales

nick24
12th May 2003, 18:54
Has anyone on this message board flown Air Wales?

I'm currently working in Belfast, so the recently commenced CWL>BHD service is a blessing. Well, it would have been, if...

...telephones were answered rather than the caller being left on hold for 15 minutes plus every time you called.
...booking confirmation / a receipt was emailed as promised.
...you could make a booking on-line.
...their website was updated to show the timetable rather than having to hunt for it.
...said timetable was actually correct.
...their website was updated, period.
...they contacted passengers to announce a change in timetable ("Oh we were going to get around to it". The only reason my collegue knew of the change in departure time was when I questionned the time of 1920 rather than 1810).
...their boarding cards were a tad better than a set of quickly knocked up efforts from a PC World computer, completed in pen in places (like PAX name, flight time, luggage receipt).
...the end of day return flights actually left on time rather than 2 hours behind schedule (which has happened both times I have returned to CWL).
...they had a plane to take you to Belfast this morning (vlm-airlines picked up the slack this morning, but all 13 passengers were left wondering if we had been taken to the right plane as there was no cabin announcement until we had taken off)

Other than that I'd be on bmibaby - which isn't a bad thing, other than the flight times and the fact that they fly to and from International rather than City.

I'm feeling a bit better now. These 5am starts don't agree with me.

MerchantVenturer
13th May 2003, 00:32
nick,

There is a thread on Air Wales in the Airlines, Airports and Routes sections.

It is fairly current and is regularly added to. Some of the posters there seem to know a bit about this airline.

Might be worth your looking and asking there.

essouira
15th May 2003, 05:20
I flew with them once with my elderly mother. The service was appalling. We were airside in kerry when the flight was cancelled and they had to get us to shannon. The coach driver did not know how to get us through at shannon and so lost all his passengers. It was a complete mess. When we tried to complain at cardiff there was no-one to take responsibility. Passengers were crying. Everyone had missed their connections. The pilot went home. There wasn't anyone else. I wrote to the owner/operator but he never bothered even to reply. Don't ever even think of flying Air Wales !

skyrabbit
15th May 2003, 11:31
This airline does not operate to, or from, Kerry or Shannon.Methinks therefore that essouira is just another prat engaging in a bit of 'Taffy bashing'.

Go and waste some time elsewhere

:hmm:

essouira
16th May 2003, 06:51
Oops sorry that I said I was airside in kerry when actually it was in cork. We were however coached to shannon by airwales. Glad it gave skyrabbit a chance to call me a prat. I am in fact welsh so never indulge in so-called "taffy bashing" - I just object to poor service from airlines. Thanks also to skyrabbit for his aggressive response to my attempt to contribute to the forum - maybe he would also like to contradict my claim that my mother is elderly and was very ditressed by her experience with airwales.

The Big Bad Daddy
16th May 2003, 08:00
Why would the handling agents at Cork send you airside without the aircraft being on the ground and the flight cancelled?

The only time they fly out of Shannon is because the weather at Cork is so bad that they can't make a approach and that's not our fault, we can't control the weather.

MarkD
16th May 2003, 17:33
BBD

is Air Wales Cat II certified as Aer Arann is for ORK ops?

The Big Bad Daddy
17th May 2003, 07:54
The aircraft are Car II but Air Wales has to be operating the aircraft for 12 months under JAR until it can operate to Cat II.

NightSun
17th May 2003, 20:19
BBD

Good luck with the continued rapid progress of your airline.

Is the CAT 2 approval based on the time the ATR is in service with you, or on the no. of landings?(bet Irish AOC holders don't have to wait a year for the stamp in the book)

You mentioned recently that the company was looking to get jets in the future. what types are you looking at and when might we expect to see them?

MarkD
17th May 2003, 21:41
BBD
thanks for that

NightSun
what do you mean by that? RE (only other Irish ATR operator I know) did not have Cat II at ORK until recently.