PDA

View Full Version : Different Airliners Have Different Flight Deck Admittance Rules???

christootell
12th May 2003, 18:28
I know that airlines around the world have different rules or who is allowed to enter/visit the flightdeck. Could people please tell me if you fly for an airline what the rules are for you. Just interested in the differences between the airlines. Many Thanks

flynverted
12th May 2003, 19:25
Most U.S. carriers permit pax to check out the cockpit while boarding. The final say-so is up to the crew though. If the crew ok's pax to see the cockpit, it's usually just a step through the door and a quick look around.
Once the door is locked, no one gets in.

PS If you're wearing a turbin, chances are you're NOT going to get a view of the flight deck!:}

christootell
12th May 2003, 21:02
I would have expected that to be the case in the US and so with most of the other carriers around the world, although i have heard that some european airlines actually allow people back on the flight deck? Any ideas who?

mutt
13th May 2003, 01:13
PS If you're wearing a turbin

What have the poor old sikhs done to upset you??

Mutt.

calypso
14th May 2003, 06:11
Do you seriously expect people to answer that?

under_exposed
14th May 2003, 20:13
mutt, I think calypso has perfectly illustrated your point.

Flip Flop Flyer
14th May 2003, 23:48
... but then again, I had an Airline ID badge to flash :rolleyes:

Visited the FD, enroute, on Maersk Air and Austrian this year. No hassle, a polite request to the chief CC accompanied by the airline ID was all it took. The chaps seemed delighted at the chance of a chat, and it was all good fun. Even better, the DM skipper was a smoker and, well, you know rules are the guidance of the clever and the law of the stupid. This skipper exercised his command rights very well, in my opinion :ok:

mutt
15th May 2003, 12:46
Actually Calypso i did expect people to know the different between a turban and a ghutra.

Mutt.

Xenia
19th May 2003, 02:32
Let's put our grown up clothes on now! :uhoh: