PDA

View Full Version : Current BA TPS timescale

JT8
3rd Sep 2001, 01:44
Hi folks,

Just about to submit my application for BA. Just wondering what the current timesecale is for getting called to aptitudes - it seems to fluctuate a bit.

cheers,
JT8

Smoke me a kipper
4th Sep 2001, 00:47
I submitted my application in June and heard that I had been invited for aptitude testing in August, other people who I spoke to had heard within about a month.

It's a nervous wait and it's worse after the aptitude tests!

floridian falcon
4th Sep 2001, 15:02
Sent off my application on 1st july, received "thanks, your application is being processed, will contact you soon" letter, and i'm still waiting to hear.

I've already phoned BA to see what was happening, and was told its a busy time of year with all the A-level results coming out, and the nice New Zealand girl said that had my application been bad i would have probably heard something by now.

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS! (I hope)

FF :)

JT8
4th Sep 2001, 20:24
cheers for the replies peeps!!

JT8

...now back to that application form :(

sloany
4th Sep 2001, 20:34
JT8

Here is roughly how my application went through:-

-Feb Sent form off
-March had date for aptitude
-July Aptitude tests
-3 days later got date for FB
-August FB
- 2 days after phone call found out had passed
Sep Medical to come.

It is a long process so good luck but it is worth it. Hope this helps

Sloany
:cool:

InGroundEffect
4th Sep 2001, 23:46
sloany,

My application went at a similar speed. Applied at beginning of Feb, aptitudes in May, FB in August, heard the good news within two days.

I've got my medical in Sept too. When's your's? Might see you at Gatwick?

IGE

sloany
5th Sep 2001, 15:29
Ingroundeffect,

My Medical is tomorrow 6th Sept with the course starting at Oxford in November. Little bit nervous as this is the only thing standing in the way!!
If you want to e-mail me feel free.
[email protected]

Sloany :cool:

flying Dr
5th Sep 2001, 19:10
Dont worry about the medical guys, a routine physical,ecg,cxr,eeg and routine bloods wont pick anything up that you dont already know about your health- its quite common to be admitted to hospital and have all these tests (except the eeg) and still snuff it a couple of days later, so by that rational you guys should be fine. \

Having said all that i only know of one BA cadet who was chopped at her medical due to her eeg showing an "abnormality". which probably means she wasnt going to develop epilepsy but it was just a variant of normal.
rumour has it the eeg is considered being removed! who knows( another guy had slightly high liver enzymes secondary to alcohol, but had his blood rechecked a month later and was fine
gotta go
best of luck

sloany
5th Sep 2001, 19:34
Thanks FlyingDr, lets hope I am not number 2...will let you know. Should be fine can't wait to start flying!!!!
sloany

InGroundEffect
5th Sep 2001, 21:20
FlyingDr, let's hope the medical goes as smoothly as you say. I don't want to get this far and then get chopped on the medical. Anyway no-one would believe me if I said I was going to become an airline pilot, but then failed the medical.

sloany, check your mail.

IGE