PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bannister

BWBriscoe
12th May 2003, 18:15
Does anyone know what Mike Bannister is going to do after Concorde is retired?

Is he chief pilot of shorthaul as well? I somehow can't se him on the flight deck of a 737!

What will happen to the majority of BA's Concorde pilots after the retirement?

Bellerophon
12th May 2003, 20:00
BWBriscoe

Continuing in his post as General Manager Airbus & Boeing 737/757/767 Fleet. In effect, Yes, see above for correct title. As for the B737, neither can I, as there aren't planned to be any at LHR this Summer. Two or three Captains, who are in their last year or so, may decide to retire early, most of the rest will go to the B744 or B777. The F/Os, all of whom are very senior, will go for commands, again mainly on the B744 and B777.Sadly, those on the Concorde Fleet who are the most adversely affected are the ones you haven't enquired after.

Regards

Bellerophon

ETOPS
12th May 2003, 21:52
MB has an Airbus conversion course booked for later this year. He will probably have started practising the phrases "Are we there yet?" and "When I was on Concorde" drone drone......

Youwererobbed
13th May 2003, 02:44
No 737 Fo's got commands in this years bid.

Taildragger
13th May 2003, 05:55
I do believe Bellerophon was referring to a dying breed, and as far as BA is concerned after Concorde goes, they are a dead breed, the Flight Engineers. It is not Engineers year.

BWBriscoe
13th May 2003, 07:50
So Captain Bannister will be converting onto the Airbus fleet?

Bellerophon
13th May 2003, 09:28
Visual

I was only quoting a letter, dated within the last month and signed by a senior BA Flight Ops manager, which says there will be no B737s at LHR this Summer....

so....

....I'm sure time will prove you right! :D

Regards

Bellerophon

HotDog
13th May 2003, 20:04
I find it sad that a great majority of people on these forums have never operated with a flight engineer sitting behind them. Forgotten like radio operators and navigators but at the speed that science fiction is becoming science fact, how long before pilots will become subjects of late night re-run movies?:sad:

Youwererobbed
16th May 2003, 06:15
Visual..good point!!
Must read the thread more carefully next time!!