PDA

View Full Version : Car Parking

MaximumPete
12th May 2003, 17:37
There are some great deals on-line for airport parking if you don't have access to your staff car park for holiday parking. e.g. £12.60 for four days at Birmingham.

Any search engine, just name the airport add car parking and off you go.

MP::D

Meeb
12th May 2003, 17:57
And some not so good, I paid £24 for 3 days at EMA, now that place must be the No 1 rip off airport in the country, and its 'security' is a joke to boot... :*

MaximumPete
12th May 2003, 21:43
I agree with you.

I put exactly the same details for parking at EMA and the quote was £20.

The last place on earth that I would leave my car is the t*****e
car park by the main entrance at EMA. You may not find much of it left when you get back from your holls

MP:D

spekesoftly
12th May 2003, 21:51
3 Days Airport Parking - A few Comparisons

Stansted - £36-00

Manchester - £32-60

Birmingham - £31-50

Luton - £27-00

Gatwick - £22-20

Newcastle - £18-00

Standard Rates - without pre-booking

fireflybob
13th May 2003, 11:29
Better still why not let the train take the strain, or get a bus or a taxi and leave the infernal car at home!

spekesoftly
13th May 2003, 15:41
If the trains ever run on time again, I'll let them take the strain. ;)

superspotter
15th May 2003, 23:19
Ema's parking charges seemed to have gone through the roof around the same time as BMI baby started!
I went out of there for two days and it worked out slightly cheaper to use the main car park in front of the terminal than the long stay! Surely they should be encouraging the use of the long stay? Last time I used it, there was a minimum of £24.00 to park there. regards clive.:mad:

P.Pilcher
16th May 2003, 07:25
Tip: For almost free parking for your hol from EGBB, drive to Hampton in Arden. Park in the well lit station car park for free, jump on the next train to Birmingham, get off at the next stop (Birmingham International) and the free shuttle will get you to EGBB. The train fare is about a couple of quid (return) THAT'S the only rip off!