PDA

View Full Version : Full Time Modular Groundschool

Max Drift
3rd Sep 2001, 00:39
Why is the OATS course that much more expensive (almost 2k) than ATA Coventry?

Is it the teaching standard, quality of notes etc etc? Visited both organisations recently and both appeared professional, well organised and with similar pass rates/standards. Couldn't get over the price difference though.

Any ideas?

scroggs
3rd Sep 2001, 02:21
I would suggest it's mainly down to the overheads at Oxford, and nothing to do with the quality of the equipment, resources or people. Look closely at these factors and decide which you'd rather work with.

JB007
3rd Sep 2001, 11:59
It should be noted the OATS notes are far superior to ATA's.

ATA use 4Forces notes, or did when I was there at the beginning of the year...I've seen OATS's books and they are superb.

Also, and i'm talking first hand knowledge, that OATS are a bit more clued up on the JAA exams....you get what you pay for!

Rob 747
3rd Sep 2001, 12:24
Im booked to go on the April 02 course at ATA.

What they say about the notes is true!! :rolleyes: Theyre crap!.
But this is irrelavent :D

When i first got them about 3 weeks ago, I started to read them. First page was all about convergence angles!! :confused:
I didnt have a clue what one of these was!

Anyway, when i phoned to enquire about my invoice, I told Sandy that i was having trouble with the notes.

He explained what a conversion angle was (over the phone) :D . He then said that you dont need the notes!! :confused:

Dont need notes? :confused:

Because----------

For my 3600 quid i am going to be taught!
Someone will stand in front of the class and explain all you need to know!!!
On my visit a few of the class stayed behind for some extra tuition!!
---------------------------------------------

As for Oxfords groundschool,well, i dont know really.
Have any of their instructors wrote any books?
Coz ATA's sure have!!! :eek: