PDA

View Full Version : John Cunningham Memorial Fund

Tartan Giant
12th May 2003, 00:22
Please forgive me if I've broken a rule here, but for John Cunningham , I hope the Nelson eye will be used.

Thanks

TG

John Cunningham Memorial Fund

President: His Excellency Air Marshal Ian Macfadyen
Vice Presidents: Her grace the Duchess of Bedford, Olivia de Havilland
Sir Charles Masefield, Duncan Simpson, John Wilson

With His Excellency Air Marshall Ian Macfadyen as President and The Duchess of Bedford, Olivia de Havilland, Sir Charles Masefield, Duncan Simpson and John Wilson as Vice Presidents, a Committee of former de Havilland colleagues has been formed to establish a memorial to John Cunningham.

John Martin (Chairman), John Loader (Treasurer), Mike Ramsden and John Wilson are commissioning a bronze bas-relief of John, mounted on a memorial stone similar to that produced in 1948 to commemorate Geoffrey de Havilland junior.
It is anticipated that this memorial to John, together with the one to Geoffrey, will be put on permanent display in the de Havilland section of the new museum of British Aviation at Duxford, which is due to be completed in 2004/5.

John Cunningham was one of our most distinguished aviators in war and peace, and was admired and respected worldwide. He took a great interest in encouraging aviation careers for the younger generation through the Geoffrey de Havilland Flying Foundation. Consequently it is the committee’s wish that any money donated to the fund, in excess of the estimated £7,000 required for the memorial, should be added to the Geoffrey de Havilland Flying Foundation’s own John Cunningham Memorial Fund.

Your support for this endeavour will be greatly appreciated.
Cheques should be made out to, “The Geoffrey de Havilland Flying Foundation” – who have kindly undertaken financial responsibility for the project, and send to :
The John Cunningham Memorial Fund
45 The Park,
St. Albans,
Herts.
AL1 4RX

John Martin - 18th March 2003