PDA

View Full Version : New Qld Regional?

Dash Man
11th May 2003, 20:39
Does anyone know anything about a new Qld regional based in the north? Some mates in NZ tell me some Dash 8s will be coming from over the ditch in the near future. Apparently to run coastal against QF. Any tips on who I would send a CV to?

pa31p
12th May 2003, 07:19
Only company in New Zealand that fits into that category would be Air National (http://www.airnational.co.nz/) . . . they have two DHC-8's :confused:

DANZ
12th May 2003, 12:07
Origin have just terminated the lease on two DHC8-100's, mostly crewed by ex-QFNZ pilots, could be on the way.....

Dash Man
12th May 2003, 14:30
Just spoke to my NZ mates, they tell me its a new Oz operator and not a NZ one. The a/c are just being sourced from over the ditch.

ccy sam
12th May 2003, 15:28
Could be Alliance, one of the four owners is a Kiwi

SixStarAnsett
12th May 2003, 15:47
There is a new operator up here in Townsville called Pagani Air, but it hasn't been finalised as of yet. I don't know what will be flown or where it will be flown, but I presume it won't be a Dash 8.

www.pagani.com.au

SixStarAnsett

mase
12th May 2003, 16:18
Company will be called Queensland Regional Airlines (QRA). MBA are behind it. That's all I know.

apacau
13th May 2003, 06:40
Also, Rex are planning a BNE base. But it won't be Dash-8s!

Torres
13th May 2003, 07:06
Name QUEENSLAND REGIONAL AIRLINES PTY LTD
ACN 100 751 139
ABN 84 100 751 139
Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 30/05/2002
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Cairns QLD 4870

Registered Office in Cairns? Mase, you sure it's MBA (who are based at Townsville) or is it REGIONAL PACIFIC AIRLINES PTY LTD (who are based Cairns).

MBA already have DHC8-100's in PNG, whereas Regional Air have only DHC6-300's in PNG and Australia.

wingsaway
14th May 2003, 20:24
Try .. Airlines of PNG (aren't they MBA??) based in Cairns and Own and Operate Inland Pacific Air based in Townsville.

Am I closer to the mark??:rolleyes:

Torres
15th May 2003, 11:42
Trading Names only.

Name: INLAND PACIFIC AIR
Registered state/no: QLD BN4884590
Type: Business Names Registration
Date: 14/05/1993
Principal Place of Business: not available
Jurisdiction: Office of Fair Trading, Queensland

Name: AIRLINES OF PAPUA NEW GUINEA
Registered state/no: QLD BN6467234
Type: Business Names Registration
Date: 22/04/1997

Hatchet Harry
15th May 2003, 19:27
A little bird landed on my shoulder and whistled in my ear.......

The owners of APNG are behind this one....DHC-8's and maybe B1900's.

Will be a smartly run operation if the GM of APNG has a finger in this pie !!!!!:ok:

chimbu warrior
20th May 2003, 18:19
Story on ABC radio in Qld today about a new operator out of (I think) Hervey Bay running "nine-seater" up the coast. I think the name given was Elite Airways..............maybe no turbines after all.

nascar2
20th May 2003, 19:25
Elite Airways are strictly charter. They have just gone from C172 to PA31; should be interesting.

8 8th's Blue
20th May 2003, 19:29
Confirming the above post an add has been running in our local paper for the last week offering services to the towns along the QLD coast. Elite charter services. No more info was offered just a 1800 number for booking enquires.

88b

Torres
21st May 2003, 07:25
Name: ELITE AIRWAYS
Registered state/no: QLD BN6944632

Type: Business Names
Registration Date: 06/07/1998

Cruze Power, I don't buy your theory - you are wrong. If the punters get the standard, service and frequency they want, they will travel. Also, the record you alude to (with some unnecessary dramatisation I may add) pertains to another country, another time and has no bearing on an operation in Queensland.

A smart operator, adequately capitalised (as APNG seem to be), could do very well on a Queensland coastal operation, although the DHC8-100 is getting a little "dated"!

Grypen
21st May 2003, 22:40
Cruze Power,

I'd just like to come to the defence of my old company in this case (Airlines PNG or MBA as it used to be called).

The two accidents they had did result in the loss of all on board, but you need to put that in context with the events leading to those two crashes and the changes that have resulted from them (they happened quite a while ago too when single pilot ops were the norm, for one).

By your rationale Qantas shouldn't be in business either since they have lost aircraft during their history too (albeit no JETS).

From my personal experience Airlines PNG is probably the safest airline in PNG and the pilots there are extremely experienced at flying in one of the most inhospitable countries in the world for aircraft! Any airline will have its faults but safety was never one of them regardless of what else may have needed fixing.

If they are starting an operation in NQ it will be as good as any Australian regional, have no fear.

Cheers!

Grypen

Dash Man
27th May 2003, 09:33
I hear a 40 seat Dash 8 is enroute to TL (if it hasn't already arrived). Anyone in TL seen it?

jerrry
28th May 2003, 10:36
Dash man

Apparently its a Skippers dasher thats going to do work for the Whitsunday Island resorts.

Some Ex Horizon guy is helping to get it started.

30/30 Green Light
28th May 2003, 11:20
There is an unused DHC-8-100 sitting outside Alliance' hangar in BN and apparently there is a good chance that this may be used by APNG for it's QLD Regional ops.Time will tell!

Pimp Daddy
28th May 2003, 12:12
That would be good ol' S/N 008, I heard it had been leased, what a bucket, good luck to anyone trying to maintain a schedule with that.

SHAGGS
29th May 2003, 18:47
Hey Pimp Daddy,
Was that aircraft once P2-NAY ?

sedgie
30th May 2003, 21:37
At Hervey Bay the other day and had a look at the old PA-31 Elite Airways is going to use. It was in Emu Airways paint job.

Chocks Away
6th Jun 2003, 17:20
...abit of a fluid situation in the QLD regional environ:confused:
What are the latest chess moves here?
Is there really (hopefully) someone coming up against the network of QF ?:ooh:
Because I tell yuh, it can be done... with the right people:ok:

Dash Man
13th Jun 2003, 23:00
I've heard some F/As are being trained in CNS. I assume the flight crew are coming from the PNG side as I can't find anyone in Oz who works for them! :confused:

ur2
8th Jul 2003, 05:44
It is QRA, Queensland Regional Airlines. The first aircraft, a Dash 8 100 is sitting in TSV awaiting it's proving flight for AOC sign off. Should be soon. I was told that they have a number of mining contracts and have big plans for latter down the track.
Also told the Chief Pilot and other senior pilots have good cred.
Should be a good little operation.

Gravox
8th Jul 2003, 08:23
I also heard not too long ago that a few mine contracts were up for graps. I was under the believe that the old White Dash 8 at BN was trying to get hooked up to run on this operation. But the ol gal has been sitting in BN for a while now.

Elite airways in the Bay, use an old C172 for scenic flights, and RB was always talking about getting a twin. I've seen the Navajo from a distance in the emu livery, and yes she does look a little tired. What does he plan on doing with it? The refueller in the Bay said that he wanted to cash in on the backpacker market up to Airlie Beach... couldn't really imagine it though... good luck to him

ur2
8th Jul 2003, 12:09
The white Dash (008) that was sitting in front of Alliance is the aircraft QRA are using, it is now in TSV. Flew up there last weekend.

ur2
11th Jul 2003, 21:09
Has anyone heard any more about QRA the new start up ?

puff
11th Jul 2003, 21:35
Well the machines rego is JSZ registered to an address in Cairns....I remember hearing about what a bucket it was when it was a flightwest machine about 10 years ago :)

Capn Laptop
12th Jul 2003, 09:29
JSz was never a Flight West machine.

JSJ was with flight west for a short time when it was NID the ex norfolk dash.

It was renamed NJD in NJS service and then renamed JSJ when they needed more NJ regos for the 146 fleet.

The other two flight west dash's are XFT and XFU they are with skippers now, but were previously P2 GVA and GVB with Talair

Regardless of the above serial number 008 is a heap!

puff
12th Jul 2003, 11:27
I stand corrected :)

Sheep Guts
12th Jul 2003, 11:34
Dash 8 s around that vintage have problems where I am at the moment there allways down and we in our Otters pick up the slack. :)

Regards
Sheep

P.S. The Otter though are being sent back to Canada and Im out a work by the 31st July 2003

Dashim
15th Jul 2003, 18:27
Fact:
QRA is the new regional and they are about to take delivery of the 2 ex Origin Pacific/ ex QFNZ Dash 8-100's sitting in Christchurch.

ur2
17th Jul 2003, 05:28
Sounds interesting Dashim, do you know what runs they are going to be doing ? Any RPT or just all contract stuff. ?

dwarfhunter
18th Jul 2003, 14:28
Cruze Power, I know the reply is a little late, but most of the APNG Dash pilots are expats, and most of those are Aussies. They all seem to be good professional pilots that have been operating in an environment far harsher and less forgiving than in Oz.
I'm sure they would have no trouble running a sound operation here.
And the new operator HAS interviewed/possibly employed, several pilots from Oz.

At the rate APNG are racking in money from AirNiugini (covering they're breakdowns/ and generally filling in) I'm sure they will soon be able to afford a sizable fleet of Dash 8's.

Chocks Away
18th Jul 2003, 19:57
D.Hunter, check yuh PMs.

ur2
21st Jul 2003, 06:10
Just heard that QRA is starting up next month, doing mining contracts out of TSV, and slowly ramping up to do some RPT along the east coast. probably be more bases in QLD I guess. Good luck, wonder if they will go the way of FW. Be nice to see a viable challenger to QF in the Qld regional market. Viva la competition. :ok:

ur2
24th Jul 2003, 14:17
Anyone know if QRA got there AOC issued yet ?

FarCu
28th Jul 2003, 17:17
Airlines of PNG in Kiwi Land this weekend picking up 2 Dash 8s, most probably for the Porgera Contract!!
APNG, definately running QRA.

ur2
30th Jul 2003, 07:54
Yer, I think those 2 are for PNG, just heard that QRA has AOC, and ops to start soon from TSV & CNS.

Torres
30th Jul 2003, 08:44
The two ex Talair and Flight West Dash 8's, XFT and XFU, are from memory, around Serial No 057 and 153.

Neavey
30th Jul 2003, 11:42
Laptop,Your info on JSZ is entirely inaccurate. It is serial no. 006 and was only ever registered with NJS for a short period of about 16 months (always as JSZ). JSJ is serial #113 and it's history as you described it is correct except it is an exceptional airframe.

maxtq
30th Jul 2003, 12:59
All this discussion re S/N 008 is kind of irrelevant. We shall all have to wait and see how she performs with her new operator, speaking of whom, I ran into someone who knows, and was advised that before year's end they will be operating between TSV & CNS and TSV-ISA using S/N 008 and one other. The "5 year" plan could see them working south as well.

Only time will tell

max

Capn Laptop
1st Aug 2003, 06:36
actually Neavey, my information regarding JSz is entirely accurate.

My only comments about JSz is that it wasn't a flight west machine, and that serial 008 is a heap.

Correct on both counts.

JSz WAS NEVER a flightwest machine

and

Serial 008 IS a heap!

Having said that I have done some more research and JSz is Serial 008, and was previously operated by NJS.

JSJ is serial number 170 not 113, and it isn't a particularly exceptional airframe, with no APU it is a pain in the butt to operate particularly in WA where the temps get to extreme levels, and starting off the battery is an artform in itself.

I suspect that the aircraft that you refer to 006 is what used to be registered as JSY - it too was a heap - but I can find no record of it in the current CASA registrations database - will do some more research and let you know.

ur2
2nd Aug 2003, 06:08
Come on guys, get over the serial number BS, Does anyone know what is happening with QRA, runs a/c numbers crew requirements. Have they done the hiring yet. Heard the AOC has been issued. Got to be someone who knows what is realy going on other than arguing about the bl00dy serial numbers, who cares, are they hiring or what ?