PDA

View Full Version : Q recruiting

BUSTACLOUD
10th May 2003, 20:19
any ideas whether or nor Qantas will be running pilot courses at all this year,any talk around town?Received an email from GF in recruiting suggesting I am still under active consideration but recruitment is still under review because of post war Iraq and Sars.Any one else heard the same sort of thing??

Sabo
11th May 2003, 12:43
Current plan is a hiring freeze until industry turns around. Reduction in demand is being managed by parking aircraft against the fence, attempting to defer new aircraft on order, and 767-200's to be scrapped as they run out of hours. Excess pilots are being managed for the short term through voluntary/mandatory leave for those with leave in the bank.

*Lancer*
11th May 2003, 15:51
There is the suggestion that recruiting will start up again later in the year. The cadet intake for 2004 is still planned to go ahead...

SniperPilot
11th May 2003, 23:17
How many hours do these machines have on them? If I remember correctly, they were in service from late 84 which makes the oldest one 19 yrs or so. Sabo do you mean out of hours completely (timexed Airframe) of just out of hours untill the next D-check. If out of hours completely Qantas must have worked them fairly hard!:ooh:

The_Cutest_of_Borg
12th May 2003, 08:11
QF got the first one in late '85. Due to them spending the first half of their life as longhaul aircraft they have about half the number of cycles on them that the AN 767's had at the equivalent hours

I would think that "running out of hours" probably refers to their next major servicing.

RaTa
12th May 2003, 08:54
I agree with Borg as they only have about 55-60,000 hours.

Sabo
12th May 2003, 14:16
To be more specific, the 200's will not be cycled through their next heavy maintenance check. They of course could fly on, but the business decision is to scrap them when they finish flying the hours left under their current maintenance cycle. A number of 300's have been parked, and will be put back into service as each 200 is taken off line.