PDA

View Full Version : Navy aptitudes in September

Kiwi*
2nd Sep 2001, 21:08
Hi all. Just wondering if there is anyone out there who is off to Cranwell on September 10/11 for FAA aptitudes?? If so it would be good to swap notes on preparation etc...

Cheers

hmm nice flaps
3rd Sep 2001, 22:30
Kiwi,
I sat the flying aptitudes for FAA last May. I scored a "good pass" on the pilot tests, but just failed the observer battery. I then went onto the AIB, which i passed,, only to find out at final selection in August that I would not be going to BRNC as I was not high enough up on the order of merit. I'm still not over it!

Anyway, the only thing you can prepare for is the observer side to the test, as the pilot hand eye co-ordiantion and spatial awareness tests are really inherent skills, which you've either got or you ain't!

Try this link for preparation for the speed distance and time tests:
web page (http://www.timc.clara.net)
you have to be really hot on mental arithetic, which as i am a French and English graduate was my downfall.

Good luck!

;)

Kiwi*
4th Sep 2001, 11:50
Thanks Flaps,

Ive been doing those sample Q's for the last week or so, which will hopefully help.
What is your next step, are you being considered for selection again?

Cheers.

hmm nice flaps
4th Sep 2001, 14:06
Kiwi,
Yeah I am being considered for the January intake, but as I am right at the top end of the age limit, I am not expecting success. :( :(
I really think that the Navy want their pilots under 23 at initial entry and will only take exceptional guys after this age. I only wish I'd realised at a younger age that this is what I wanted to do.
Should I not get pilot I will be going in as a warfare Officer. So should you be succesful then we may very well meet up in January at Dartmouth.
P.S. Another hard aspect of the tests is the data interpretation section. Try practising the civil service fast stream self selection tests. I can't remember the web site exactly, something like civilservice faststream.gov.org ? The verbal reasoning tests on here are also good practise for the AIB.
Good luck buddy!

Kiwi*
4th Sep 2001, 19:47
Thanks mate... good luck to you too. If what you say is true then I'm getting on a bit as well so it'll be interesting to see how things pan out.
Catch you in January!!! ;)