PDA

View Full Version : Crash Axe and Cockpit key

New on NG
10th May 2003, 10:34
Hi There!! Am am a co-pilot on a major airline in South America and i have one question regarding where are located ,the key that opens the cockpit from the ouside and the crash axe on B-737 aircraft. Are ttese items location vary from one airline to another??? Thanks i advance!!!:confused:

L337
10th May 2003, 15:09
I know where they are, and I am not going to tell you.

I also know where the machine gun, and bazooka are kept as well.

L337

sky9
10th May 2003, 15:11
I suggest that people do not answer this thread.

Anthony Carn
10th May 2003, 15:35
Agree, sky9, but I interpreted it as a wind-up.

Always a give-away when the poster is newly registered ? :suspect:

VS-075
10th May 2003, 16:16
the key is under the welcome mat by the door dont know where the axe is.:D

Avman
10th May 2003, 17:35
If you just step out onto the left wing, the key is in a small panel on the wing tip. Note: the panel can only be opened during flight. The axe is situated above the cockpit door and is programmed to slice you in half as you enter (even with key) should you fail to give the correct password.

Foss
10th May 2003, 17:39
I think there's two words sum up this thread....

Brazil nut.

Miserlou
10th May 2003, 17:56
For safety reasons, they are kept in the cockpit!

witchdoctor
10th May 2003, 20:29
In the North East we don't use keys as the cockpit is accessed by lobbing a large brick through the side window, before removing the FMS, EFIS displays and all the radios.

The aircraft cannot be flown away as like any vehicle left unattended for any length of time, all the wheels have been removed and it sits proudly on a small pile of bricks (minus one for accessing cockpit).

The crashaxe is usually left in situ as very few lumberjacks inhabit the darker reaches of North East pubs, and the after-theft market is somewhat subdued.

Pssst....anyone wanna buy a FMS? :}

Kwasi_Mensa
10th May 2003, 21:02
In fact it's the same key you use to start the engines, but don't tell anybody :8

Notso Fantastic
10th May 2003, 21:17
Don't forget- when you get hold of the key, don't turn the starter till you flatten the battery! You should do it in short bursts. If you flood the engine, you have to send the copilot down to turn it over (that's what co-pilots are for). Whatever you do, don't use the axe on the Captain. He flies the aeroplane. He's the most valuable. It's the co-pilot who is expendable as you don't always need him to turn the engine over (if you haven't flooded it).

Captain Notso

HugMonster
10th May 2003, 23:57
With my luck, just when they're needed the axe will be in the top of a log out the back of the shed, and the key will be somewhere in the back of the top left-hand drawer of the Ops Manager's desk... :(

con-pilot
11th May 2003, 00:26
Hey I did get locked outside the cockpit once, it ainít that funny! We were on the ground however.

:ooh:

Anthony Carn
11th May 2003, 00:32
Good to see this thread moved to a forum where it'll get the sort of answers it deserves.

:hmm:

Err, that's wrong - it does'nt deserve any. :p

DX Wombat
11th May 2003, 01:18
VS are you sure about that? I could have sworn the key was under the third geranium pot from the left and the axe was borrowed by the neighbours about a year ago and I haven't seen it since. :rolleyes: :uhoh:

CarltonBrowne the FO
11th May 2003, 01:36
The fleet manager pushed an FO just that bit too far , the crash axe from that aircraft is now in a police evidence locker. As the bloodstains are also evidence, the axe hasn't been cleaned, it's probably too rusty to use now.:suspect:

pilotswife76
11th May 2003, 03:31
New on NG.

Are you sure you're from South Amerika, and not the Middle East?:mad: :mad: :mad:

stable approach
11th May 2003, 10:46
Con-pilot,
A couple of guys at my old company went for a smoke during a turnaround, and accidentally knocked the electric door lock as they exited the cockpit on their 737.
No problem - they went to the secret place to collect the key, only to find it missing ( please take note New on NG, even if we told you, it may not be there ).
Still no problem, they went and found an engineer with a wheelable platform to reach the F/Os sliding window, which is the only one accessable from outside. Only to find that the F/Os pen ( steel one of course ) was sitting in the hole on the sliding window that F/Os find so convenient for pens, but which also prevents said window from opening.
NOW we got a problem. The only remaining solution appeared to be to pull the APU fire handle from the wheel bay to shut it down, and remove power from the door. It worked, but I never did find out how they explained that one away.

New on NG
11th May 2003, 10:58
Hi everyone who ansewred my question. That was just what i wanted to see!!! I am very happy about your concern about safety and security. I bet with a friend that i could find the answer of a question on the web and i am very pleased to see that i lost and will pay a luhch to him. Happy flying!!!

Rollingthunder
11th May 2003, 12:46
Oh, damn.

I was just going to tell you that the key is in my pocket, the axe is in my hands and I am right behind you.

Lee
11th May 2003, 15:05
Hey New,

You two time loser. You say you are a co-pilot in a S. American airline, then you should know the answer ...... (I don't want to waste my time answering your post)

BTW, how many wheels has a B737 have?

DX Wombat
11th May 2003, 18:39
Lee the number of wheels all depends on where you left it parked and whether or not it is the season for homemade go-karts. :uhoh: :E

Blacksheep
12th May 2003, 16:06
The keys for all our B737s are in the bottom left hand drawer of my desk. We sold the 737s around twelve years ago and they're all in South America now. You are obviously flying one of them: small world isn't it?

Through difficulties to the cinema

Kwasi_Mensa
12th May 2003, 17:09
Can someone tell me how many spare wheels does a B737 have? And do you carry tire chains when flying on Anchorage? I just did a bet with one of my friends that I could find the answer here. The bet was one free night at the Yab Yum club in AMS.

Lee
12th May 2003, 18:05
Blacksheep

And what about those damn crash axes, the new (something) is asking?

I think Osama bin Ladin wants to know the answer! Are they still with you, Blacksheep?

Blacksheep
13th May 2003, 14:22
We left the crash axes where they usually are. In the cupboard under the sink in the first class lavatory...

Through difficulties to the cinema