PDA

View Full Version : Hour building New York style

Superpilot
2nd Sep 2001, 19:08
Can anybody recommend any flying schools or a/c rental establishments in and around the NY / CT area?

might be going soon (not that soon :( )

cheers all!

Superpilot
3rd Sep 2001, 13:15
This one went down quickly :eek:

back to the top!

:)

mchristy
3rd Sep 2001, 14:13
Try Caldwell Flight Academy at Essex County airport (Caldwell), this is in New Jersey but only 30 mins on a bus from Port Authority in Manhattan.
Try the trip down the Hudson, buzz "the lady" (Statue of Liberty) and call LaGuardia Tower to go up the east river and fly across central park, or try landing a 172 at Newark- only in America!

matoxon
3rd Sep 2001, 20:12
I have use Panorama at White Plains alot. They have an excellent modern Cessna fleet and are pretty reasonable for the New York area. If you want more info etc, email me.

3rd Sep 2001, 21:19
Sorry that's a bit off topic. But if you wanna build hours in the US you just fly around on your own or with some friends? I got an advice. Do the FAA PPL. Ok it's more expensive, but still costs less than in europe. Knowledge test is no problem and possible to do after one week memorizing questions. As yo got the JAA PPL, you don't need much hours to do the US. And when you got the FAA PPL you have got a good alternative, if there is gonna be a problem with the JAA (e.g. flying gets more and more expensive).
I did it like that and it's also a good re-training if you have already a PPL

regards

Chris