PDA

View Full Version : JAR Multicrew requirement - any clarification please

Hayward Jablowme
2nd Sep 2001, 16:35
I was hoping to obtain some advice from similar experience level crew. I hold Australian ATPL 1900 TT 590 Co pilot Metro23 (approved multicrew acft) and satisfy all JAR FCL hours requirements.
There is a paragraph in the SRG documents which I hope to get cleared up.
"....The applicant is exempt from any formal training, provided he holds a current type rating for the type on which he will complete the Skill test and has logged 500 hours on that type. If he does not, he must complete the appropriate approved Type Rating Training Organisation course to obtain that type rating."

What I would like to know is.

1. Do I have to do a complete IR as I have heard rumoured or does my Aus command ME-IR and Multicrew time exclude me?

2. To satisfy the above paragraph, do I need to do my skills test on a Metro23, or what is the best option for me?

3. What aircraft are they referring to in the Type rating training course?

4. Are there any similar experience level foreign crew who have recently converted licences to JAR FCL who could relay experiences?

Sorry I know there are loads of posts on this topic (snore!), I am halfway through the theory with Bristol, exams around Nov/Dec

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

rolling circle
2nd Sep 2001, 19:37
AMC-FCL 1.215 defines the SA227 series as a single-pilot aeroplane which means that you cannot take a JAR ATPL Skill Test on it.

Provided that you have documentary evidence that the operation in Oz was 100% multi-pilot (i.e. the aircraft was never operated single-pilot, even for positioning, etc.) then the UK CAA will accept those hours as the 500 multi-pilot required for ATPL issue.

You will, therefore, have to get a type rating on a multi-pilot aircraft as defined by AMC-FCL 1.215 on which you will then have to take the ATPL Skill Test. To get that type rating you will have to complete an approved course of training at a JAA approved TRTO.

So, to answer your questions in turn:

1. You will not need to complete an IR course if you are going ATPL-ATPL

2. You cannot do the Skill Test on a Metro23. As to the best option, how long is a piece of string? I guess the best option is to find the cheapest multi-pilot type rating course (Citation?)

3. Any aircraft listed in AMC-FCL 1.215. I posted the full list on a couple of other threads recently. Try using the search function to find it.