PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!

JB007
9th May 2003, 23:49
Need some info if you could help..... could you let me know the number of aircraft and number of rotations per aircraft you look after during the week and how many people (Ops and Crewing, Supervisors etc) you have on per shift to do it...

Oh and shift pattern if that's ok

Thanks alot in advance

Fosters Expat
10th May 2003, 05:18
48 A/C - Approx 18-20 Sectors per week, per aircraft

Staff: Confidential......... :D

Shift Pattern of 2D/2N

Why you asking?

Ar Kid
10th May 2003, 15:33
16 A/C (due to rise to 22 A/C by year end) each averaging 20-24 sectors per week.

Staffing on shift currently 1 in Ops and 1 in Crewing.:{

Shift pattern is 2D/2N.

Rgds
AK

Captain Slogg
10th May 2003, 20:14
32 Aircraft-mixed medium/long haul

1 Ops duty manager
1 Ops Control (Sometimes 2) /2 Atc cell
5 crewing (Includes 1 Supervisor/lead controller)
1 Long haul dispatcher (now based in Germany)
1 Customer services officer (not strictly part of ops)

Shift pattern Monthly -2 days/2nights (4 off) -3 days/2 nights(4 off) -2 days/3 nights (3 off) and back to 2 days/2 nights.
Great shift pattern-you work two week ends in a row and get two off in a row.

Rotations 70 a day (can go up to 90 in Summer peak

All ops control functions going to Germany by November.
Anybody want to employ a complete ops department by the
end of the year? You wont find a better team!

ghost-rider
10th May 2003, 20:50
68 aircraft, domestic and european destinations.

Average 500 ish sectors a day
Average 6-8 sectors ish per aircraft daily

1 duty manager
3 ops officers
2 atc / flight planners
3 crewing

Shifts : mixture of 12hr shifts, monthly pattern :
3 days/2 nights/5 off, 2 days/2 nights/5 off, 2 days/3 nights/4 off

and 8hr shifts, 3 lates 1400-2200L and 3 earlies 0600-1400L.

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/pc-crash.gif

Whispering Giant
10th May 2003, 21:59
30 aircraft
204 sectors a day.
8-12 sectors a day per a/c.

Day Shift..
1 Ops Duty Manager,
1 Op's Controller,
1 Crewing controller,
1 Senior crewing assistant.
1 Customer services controller.

Night Shift..
1 Ops Controller.
1 Crewing Controller.

Shift's - 2day's 2 night's 4 off - 12hr shift.

Frosty Hoar
11th May 2003, 12:55
57 aircraft increasing to 100 by end of summer flying european and long haul routes.

Too many sectors to count right now..

1 duty manager
5 flight dispatchers (fpls and slots)
2 movement chasers
5 crewing staff
8 hour shifts,days off requested 2 months in advance so no fixed pattern.

rgds fh

WG-3of tee-aog-Guten Morgen.
:ooh: :yuk:

Captain Slogg
11th May 2003, 22:18
FROSTY HOAR

Would it be reasonable to assume you are recruiting new staff with the fleet increase?
Most of the BY boys wouldnt go near the place -so where are you going to get enough experienced staff from? Or are some of the functions still going to be done from the old country?

Giz_a_JOB
12th May 2003, 00:19
2 A/C 8 sectors a day - Easy life
One Multi Skilled Controller per shift.
Why u askin? Wanna job???

:ok:

Frosty Hoar
12th May 2003, 22:31
Captain Slogg

Are you trying to start an argument or ask for a job?

As an ex"by" boy, I am wondering who the fark you are??

Currently enough staff to handle another 30 aircraft and more, you seem to resent the fact that a few of us guys came across here, do you think it is any easier for us out here than for those staying behind?

Situation at Britannia Ops is a sad and traumatic one, dont make it worse through trying to aggravate it.

(sorry to go off thread jb007)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AndyDRHuddleston
13th May 2003, 02:42
5 Aircraft, 26 sectors per week scheduled!!!
>1 A/C 6 sectors per week
>1 A/C 20 sectors per week
>3 A/C Ad-hoc private flying

1 Operations Manager
2 Multi-talented Operations Controllers
2 Multi-talented Operations Assistants

Controllers and assistants work 1 week of earlies (0600-1400) and 1 week of lates (1200-2000), with controllers working every other weekend on 24 hour standby.

Rapid_Climber
15th May 2003, 01:21
Captain Slogg, your shift pattern sounds like something the great Richard 'Dick' Root divised, I trust Butler Sr is still guiding the EZ land express in the right direction.

Please pass my regards to him and his sis from x-HLA ops officer.

Captain Slogg
15th May 2003, 03:16
Frosty Hoar
I seemed to have touched raw nerve with what were genuine questions-sorry if it offended.
The facts are as stated though-only two BY staff members have so far signed up with the Germans and two have come back dissatisfied with the terms and conditions, preferring to take their luck with whatever the future may hold. The rest would not even entertain the idea of going -preferring redundancy. Three dispatchers are currently "on trial".

Rapid climber

I am afraid I do not know the mentioned individuals-the shift pattern has been in use though for many years and in all honesty have no idea where the idea came from-but as with all things in this business it may well have been handed down via various people from that same source.

Frosty Hoar
15th May 2003, 03:56
Captain Slogg

No offence taken, however your "facts" are incorrect and I would like to know who they were "stated" by.

"two BY staff have signed up.....two have come back dissatisfied"

Three BY staff were seconded in the first place, two of those are still here,only one went home.I know this because I am one of the three individuals concerned.As it happens my terms and conditions were an improvement on those back at LTN, and the cost of living out here is 60% of that in LTN.

Far from being "on trial", the three dispatchers are here primarily to oversee the introduction of BY long haul dispatch for the time being,with a view to a permanent move if they want it.

As for the rest of my colleauges those with commitments families etc of course cannot consider a move, however there are options to move into crewing and other areas as required.

If you have any questions about Britannia or life in general I would be only too glad to help.

srs what?
15th May 2003, 18:07
Yet again a sensible question turns into a Bitch fight. :rolleyes:

G fiend
16th May 2003, 16:26
Frosty Hoar- naughty, BAD fiendling!!!- you didn't have to gloat about Hopscotch taking over BAL ops control did you!

Capt Sloggs statment is correct- There were three seconded in the first place, but there was a fourth seconded later...

Have you forgotten the little oatmeal savage who went out there promising to crush Hopscotch under the heel of his mighty jock(sic) boot, but came back to the "boyz from the 'hood" later muttering rude things about german tax, before p**sing off to pastures new in his little noddy car?

The three dispatchers ARE out there on their 8-wk trial period.

There are no 'options to move to crewing'- BAL have taken on new staff to fill the vacancies.

I've been at BAL a long, long time and you know as well as me that the BY boys were lied to, decieved and generally bulls**tted to about this whole situation, so wind your neck in.

Hell, what do I care for...I'm being given an 'ooge cheque to go away and I've taken the hint. Anyway, the party to switch the last light off is going to be a hooli!!

FH. I wish you luck...If you are happy there, that's good, but do not try and spout the party line at us...we were once your colleagues and we deserve better.

Finally, remind SP about the glorious 12th June, and tell him attendance is compulsory (and for the 27th). The 'West Country Lad' and 'Virgin Viper' are invited too.

Attn Rapid Climber

As an old and horny handed ops bloke I can tell you that it was thrashed out in the seventies/ eighties at a pay negotiation...as far as I know it wasn't the brainchild of the 'Dick' Root.

JB007
16th May 2003, 19:32
To those guys who gave genuine answers..... thanks I appreciate it. To those turning it in to the usual bunfight.... Not much to say really.....

G fiend
16th May 2003, 22:01
sorry jb007

There's bad blood at the mo' in BY Ops 'cos of the way the whole TUI/HLF/BAL thing was handled...There's a lot of far from gruntled blokes who feel shafted, s**t-on etc.

maybe it's a warning to the rest of the world?

:uhoh:

srs what?
16th May 2003, 22:32
I'm afraid loyalty to your company counts for nothing these days.

Jelly Baby Freak
17th May 2003, 12:44
Currently 15 acft, rising to 23 by the end of the year
Average sectors 55 Mon-Thu less on weekends
Crew on duty:
Days 1 Ops Controller/1 Crew Controller
Mon-Thu Night
1 Ops Controller + 1 Assistant
1 Crew Controller + 1 Assistant
Fri-Sun Night 1 Ops + 1 Crew Controller
Shifts 2d/2n 12 hours:uhoh:

Little Blue
17th May 2003, 14:15
44 a/c
upwards of 300 mvts a day
Ops day
1 Movement controller
1 Deputy Controller
2-3 Slots/re-routers
Ops night
1 Deputy
1 Slot/re-router
Crewing day.
1 Senior
4-5 crewing officers/hotac
Crewing nights
1 senior
3 crewing officers/hotac
2D/2N 12Hours 4 OFF...ish....
And I've just finished me last night !! 4 OFF !!

;) ;)

meerkats revenge
18th May 2003, 17:53
17 a/c

40 sectors a night Mon-Thu
22 sector Fri
6 sectors Sun

Controllers, 2D/2N/4O

Assistants, Mon-Fri Week of Earlies/Week of Lates

Controller only 2300-0800 Weeknights + all weekend.

green mover
22nd May 2003, 00:00
as of october
nil aircraft
nil movements
nil ops staff
nil wages
nil future for some