PDA

View Full Version : LHR T3 Improvements

PAXboy
8th May 2003, 19:10
The Priority Pass monthly e-mail newsletter advises the following work at T3. I have not been through that terminal for five months and saw work in progress at the time. I looked at the BAA site for any news but could not see any but then, why would they spend money telling us something? Is T3 any better? :(

=====
London Heathrow has finished a US$160 million, five-year refurbishment of Terminal 3s departure lounge and wireless internet access has been introduced at the airport.

The Terminal 3 international departure lounge has two additional central search positions, which will cut queues by clearing around 1,000 extra passengers an hour.

About 500 extra seats have been added, as well fast track facilities, additional toilets and children's play area.

A smoking area features, where the air is changed 27 times an hour.

The_Banking_Scot
9th May 2003, 01:58
Hi,

I will be passing through T3 ( on my way to the VS clubhouse) on 7th June.

If i recall they were doing some work around New Year with an area blocked off but did seem to have an additional seating area with a ..... glass roof ( woo hoo!!;) ) to let more natural light in ( and by jove, did T3 need more natural light)

Regards

TBS

PAXboy
9th May 2003, 04:52
I have a soft spot for T3, being the first Air Terminal I ever went through (aged 9) and the many trips through it since. Also, as I know my away around, it is not so bad.

However, I think that the best way to let more daylight in, would be to blow it up. :p

OzPax1
9th May 2003, 05:51
Here, here Paxboy! Not a bad Idea that! :D Went through T3 2 yrs ago and did not enjoy the experience! I will be going through T3 again in early December (on my way to BNE via SIN), and I will be very interested to see the 'new' airside part of the terminal. IT was a dark cramped and shabby experience last time.

And the worst part is that I'll be flying to Airports like Singapore's Changi (that place is a destination in itself!) and Brisbane international is also Bloody good too.

Ah well, will just have to wait till T5 is up and running...and place yer bets now on how much the ratio of seats to shops that place will have...! ;) :P