PDA

View Full Version : The "Updated Question Bank"

thecoltster
1st Sep 2001, 20:26
I understand that the CAA are re introducing some of the questions back into the JAR syllabus that were originally extracted when the exams were even more of a shambles than they are now.
I have heard various ideas about which subject areas are more likely to get more questions ( I heard in Systems it would be Gas Turbines?) but does anybody actually know what kind of an impact it is going to make and to which particular subjects.Or has it, as it may turn out, the CAA actually done us all a favour and made questions simpler and easier to understand and answer?!We can only hope!

Any ideas?

Paul Hickley
2nd Sep 2001, 02:19
I have heard this rumour you mention that the question banks are going to be expanded, but I don't have a clue where it's come from. Do you have any source or authority for it? I'm not challenging you, I'm just genuinely curious. Who started this? Where did it come from? I'd really like to know.

Paul Hickley

JB007
2nd Sep 2001, 12:00
As I understand it is a revised question bank, not an updated one as such - basically alot of questions that are considered to be "bad questions" have been removed and alot of questions have been re-worded for the better...

Paul, Mike Allan confirmed this the other day - let's hope that your question of "0.01 degree error in an INS system and after 12hours..blah..blah..answer:6 nm" has been removed.!!!!

As it's an updated question bank, I was told this would be a good month to sit the exams as there is a very good chance the exams will be fair and sensible..