PDA

View Full Version : FRI/Linkup Point of Contact

EESDL
6th May 2003, 22:12
Circumstances have changed since I accepted the FRI retention payment last year.
Investigating whether-or-not it's feasible to revert back to Link-up if FRI repaid (3K net)?
Does anyone have any clues or, better still, a POC down at Grimsworth?

BEagle
7th May 2003, 03:59
First POC should be your DeskO. He will then try to sort things out with the nice people at Employment Casework.

I know they're 'Blunties' - but they'll do whatever they can to wade through their APs in order to give you an answer which is honest and within The Rules.....

Good luck!!

Banggearo
7th May 2003, 08:25
I don't know about the transfer back to linkup, but I do think that you will have to pay back the GROSS amount, thereby ensuring that the Govt gets twice their pound of flesh!!!

Rgds

BG

EESDL
8th May 2003, 03:00
BG
The gross of @*** all is still @*** all!!!
You back in Blighty yet?

Banggearo
8th May 2003, 06:20
don't forget that's 40% of F*** all . And no not yet, early next year just in time for the nice wx !!! but at least the kids might lose their ridiculous accent! How about you, you already had the flat cap but have you bought a couple of whippets and started going round saying "eeee By Gum" and singing "on Ilkley Moor by tat" etc etc?

BG

aytoo
8th May 2003, 11:17
I'm currently battling the army, as they are trying to remove FRI 1 and 2 from me, so I am quite well placed to answer the point about tax/gross etc.

The army have stated that, if they do start to claw back the money, they would claw back gross, but process a tax rebate alongside each month so that the result would be a repayment net of tax. Actual repayment is on hold pending the avalanche of formal Redress of Grievances from 20 or so really very happy chappies - NOT!

Good luck with your bean counters!