PDA

View Full Version : general aviation in malaysia

perceval
6th May 2003, 20:44
hello all ,
after reading the various posts regarding mas or ak , i just wondered if one of you could explain to me wha is the general aviation situation around Malaysia .Is it possible for an expat to get into any of the smaller ops like berjaya,transmile,sabahair ...
or am I just wasting my time .I am running around KL for a few days and would appreciate some expertise from the knowledgeable ...
thanks guys

Ramair
10th May 2003, 23:58
Perceval, one good piece of advice ref. looking for a job in General Aviation in Malaysia: STAY AWAY FROM MJS (Malaysian Jet Services - F900/GIV operation) unless you are willing to be verbally and mentally abused by the owner. Some of those tycoons have a tendency to turn megalomaniac after of while and think that money buys everything.
Been in hell for a few years and free now!!
Best of luck!

perceval
11th May 2003, 13:08
Really is too bad that the only piece of advise I got was of the negative sort , nevertheless thanks for that ,I don't think my liking of Se asia would stretch to verbal abuse .I hadn't heard about that op actually .I have been trying to get a glimpse of interest from the three companies mentioned earlier without much success so far (mother of an understatement that one).
I think I'll just carry on the tour in other neighbouring countries .
Good Luck with the handling of your newly found happiness .:O

kwaiyai
20th May 2003, 22:48
Perceval,
Sent you an email, sorry for not being quicker.
Cheers:O