PDA

View Full Version : Hangover Cures

G-ALAN
6th May 2003, 20:01
I know this has probably been asked before but do any PPRuners have a decent hangover cure? I had a bit of a wild night lastnight and now I am paying for it:yuk: :\

topcat450
6th May 2003, 20:06
My personal favourite is:
1 bag ready-salted crisps
Fresh Orange Juice
Coke
(mix the two together in glass and it's OK actually)

When you can stomach it... lightly buttered french baguette.

:ok: works for me...

Grainger
6th May 2003, 20:24
Irn-Bru to replace your blood sugar and replenish the iron levels and other electrolytes. Alka-Seltzer for the headache and gutrot.

If it's a really bad hangover you can whack the Alka-Seltzers straight into the Irn-Bru :eek: Gets a bit frothy, but it does the job !!

jstr4753
6th May 2003, 20:48
pint of Orange Juice & Lemonade.
Full English Fry up.

For the stomach: Tonic Water even better, if practical, Gin and Tonic!

Hair of the Dog does work, it removes the pain while your body breaks down the long chain alcohols that you've stored up over night, once its done that, it doesnt hurt as much(or something like that!)

chippy63
6th May 2003, 21:32
Freshly squeezed OJ, a tablespoon of honey, one or more tablespoons of dark rum, and a raw egg. Whizz it all up in a blender. Trust me.:ok:

Cardinal Puff
6th May 2003, 21:53
S**t, shower, puke then another s**t to get all the toxins moving and to remove that "something died in my jocks" smell. Thereafter scrub the fur off my teeth and go back to bed with a large jug of iced water or Coke and a Mars Bar.

The trick is to give in to the munchies when you get in and gorge on that month old cheese spontaneously regenerating in the back of the 'fridge and that tin of pickled fish you bought to take camping while finishing off the litre of flat Coke you see hiding behind the left over pizza which is now classed as dessert and not long for this world.

Kwasi_Mensa
6th May 2003, 22:13
First, if you still know what your doing before you collaps, drink at least a liter of water or a bottle of Gatorade before you go to bed. Otherwise continue with the stuff you used the night before (in case of beer have a herring with it) and work a lot slower.

G-ALAN
6th May 2003, 22:57
Cheers guys and gals, I tried drinking a carton of OJ and a bacon sandwitch which has helped. Alot of the ingreedients I just don't have at home and I can't be @rsed going to the shop. Maybe tomorrow I will stock up for future hangovers :)

Miserlou
7th May 2003, 00:55
Go surfing!!!
Then a traditional fried breakfast.

Or oranges and salty water.

Anthony Carn
7th May 2003, 02:09
No cures from me.

No sympathy either. :p

Time for a nice hot cup of tea. :E

ratsarrse
7th May 2003, 02:21
I find I can't stomach orange juice after a heavy night. It's hula hoops, diet coke and bananas for me. Maybe a good fry-up a bit later on when things have settled down a bit. The strongest available ibuprofen tends to help too...

iainpoll
7th May 2003, 02:22
Lots of water, then go back to bed:p

Tim_CPL
7th May 2003, 05:21
Not being a SCUBA diver myself, I cannot vouch for the cure, but a friend of mine who is a keen diver (oh-err!) used to swear that a good snort of pure oxygen was guaranteed to clear the worst hangover know to mankind.

lizbet
7th May 2003, 06:51
Drink a large glass or two of water and take an aspirin BEFORE you crash into bed - could even put them at your bedside before you go out..... :D

Be prepared :cool:

BahrainLad
7th May 2003, 07:13
Even better, make it carbonated water.

After 3 pints, a bottle of Peroni, a severe Mojito, 2 bottles of Moet & Chandon and another 2 pints,

1 litre of San Pellogrino mineral water left me with no hangover the next morning.......

tony draper
7th May 2003, 07:18
Unscrew yer head, turn it upside down and run the cold tap on it for a few minutes, especialy into the hole yer neck bone fits into, one has to do this by feel of course, but it does works.
Make sure yer empty the excess water out of it before yer screw it back on of course, after all you can't go wandering round all day with three pints of water sloshin about inside yer noodle
:rolleyes:

Anthony Carn
7th May 2003, 16:18
Quote --"......could even put them at your bedside before you go out..... "

.....and don't forget the condoms and a bucket. :cool:

Aussierotor
7th May 2003, 16:36
Just stay permantly pissed and ya wont get a hangover

proxus
8th May 2003, 02:09
That's the only thing that works for me

Drink as much as you can BEFORE you go to sleep, and if you wake up few hours later to take a p!ss then drink some more. When you finally wake up, you'll be fine.

Proxus

Cuddles
8th May 2003, 04:11
Rumpy Pumpy? Rumoured to have a beneficial effect.

It's not jut hangovers either, it makes everything seem better:D

G-ALAN
8th May 2003, 04:22
Ive tried the water before but usually wen I come in p!ssed I've just devoured fast food of some description and can't possibly stomach a litre of water, I go straight to bed and wake up about 2 stones heavier the next day :ouch:

It does make you wonder what kind of people discover these hangover cures though, I mean who the hell drinks raw egg, OJ, and salt together?:confused:

bluskis
8th May 2003, 04:24
The permnant cure for hangovers is to become a teetotaler.

If this hurts, then stay on the same poison on any given session, it is mixing it that definitely makes it painfull.

crowndove
8th May 2003, 05:00
If you want to recover faster, drink water and go for a bike ride, (in the rain). Drink more water and back to bed for an hour or two.
You burn the remaining alcohol faster if you exercise.
Itís a bit hard on your body but is does work.

tony draper
8th May 2003, 05:09
The only surefire cure for a hangover is the hair of the dog, and we all know this.
In truth though, the hair of the dog mearly delays the hangover, like all things that are enjoyable a price has to be payed. eventually
:(