PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Passes before sitting CPL Skills Test???

Midland Maniac
1st Sep 2001, 01:04
Can anyone shed any light on whether or not you are required to have 14 ATPL passes before you sit your CPL skills test???

I have just started my CPL with 12 passes, and I am doing my re-sits in October due to the late arrival of my results (making me miss the deadline for the Sept. resits) I have been informed that I have to wait until I get that piece of paper in my hand before I can sit the test!!!!

This means that I will be sitting around going rusty whilst waiting for the CAA to mark my papers!!!!!!!!

How do the integrated courses get on when they do there CPL in between there exams???

Any advice or info would be appreciated!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

READY MESSAGE
1st Sep 2001, 12:40
Integrated course students can, if they wish, do all the flying (inc IR) and then go back to do the exams. This is what a number of people have done over the past 12 months in order to allow the chaos of the new JAA ATPL exams to settle down.

However, if you are a modular student you must have passed all 14 exams before you sit the CPL Skills Test. Some schools won't even allow you to begin training until you have the exams passed.

That is how my FTO explained it to me. I will, of course, stand corrected if anyone thinks any different.

Good luck with the resits as well

Regards
RM

Midland Maniac
1st Sep 2001, 14:49
Thanks for that, but do you know where it is documented???? I have spoken to the CAA FCL and they say that they are not bothered whether you do the flying first or the exams, so long as you have all the relevent paperwork when you apply for the licence....

I just want someone to show me a document in black and white that tells me either way!!!

Thanks for your help, if anyone else has any info on the matter it would be appreciated!!

MM :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek:

Broken Wings
1st Sep 2001, 20:47
MM

Try this link

Notes for CPL Skills Test - PDF File from the CAA Website (http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_03v3final.pdf)

Para 2.12 may or may not answer your question. While you're there how long does it take the CAA to get you the results from ground exams? It seems not quick enough to resit the following month from your experience?

Regards
BW

Noggin
2nd Sep 2001, 22:11
JAR-FCL 1.030 (e)

Before a skill test for the issue of a licence or rating is taken the applicant shall have passed the associated theoretical knowledge examination, provided that exceptions may be made by the Authority for applicants undergoing a course of integrated flying training. Page 1-A-5 if it helps.

It should also be clearly stated in the Training Manual of you course provider.

http://www.jaa.nl/jar/jar/jar/jar.fcl.1.030.htm

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: Noggin ]