PDA

View Full Version : F3 at Teeside

Grob Driver
6th May 2003, 17:06
Hi,

I've tried posting this in Aviation History, but no joy there, so hopefully someone here will be able to help!

Just wondered if anyone knew anything about the Tornado F-3 that appears to be sat over on the fire dump at Teeside. I flew in there last week, and was quite surprised to see it. Does anyone know how it came to be there? :confused:

Cheers

Grob Driver
:ok:

Get me some traffic
7th May 2003, 08:05
It would help if you could spell Teesside!!
The F3 is a mockup for the Fire Training School.

Grob Driver
7th May 2003, 16:19
GMST...

Thanks for the reply! I'm pleased to se that someone knows the answer!

As for spelling Teesside... It wouldn't help that much if I could spell it! You obviously knew where I was on about! :) Only joking mate... Thanks for the help.

Grob Driver
:ok:

tony draper
7th May 2003, 16:59
Strange, I always thought Teeside was spelled with a single S, just googled it, and out of ten hits, nine spell it with a single S, you are probably right though.
:confused:

ComJam
7th May 2003, 21:11
Definately 2 S's in Teesside, trust me Mr Draper :)

Cheers

expedite_climb
8th May 2003, 01:16
Yup, very definately TWO ! Think about it, what is the name of the river ? Is it

a) River Tee

b) River Tees ??????

Flatus Veteranus
8th May 2003, 02:07
If in doubt, you could always call it by its real name "Middleton-St George" or just "Middleton" - or even what the Candian Lancaster squadron based there in WW2 called it - RCAF Goosepool! I visited last year and it still looks largely unchanged from the '50s, except for the passenger terminal. :)

oli carley
9th May 2003, 17:59
i also im pretty sure theres only one s in teeside!

adrian mole
9th May 2003, 20:36
Oli,

Some agencies spell it one 'S' and others with two. However I would suggest that as the seat of learning aka Teesside University uses two and so does Teesside Airport on all maps that the two's have it.......

tony draper
9th May 2003, 21:43
Seems everybody else is just as confused. :confused:

http://www.teeside-cheap-flights-to.co.uk/teeside-airport-information.htm

http://www.teeside-cheap-flights-to.co.uk/airport-hotels.htm

:uhoh:

Grob Driver
9th May 2003, 22:38
Well, at least I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to spell sees(s)ide! - I don’t feel half as stupid now! I think I’ll keep it safe and stick with EGNV!

FlyMME
10th May 2003, 20:28
Believe me, its definitely Teesside.

As someone above pointed out, the river is called the Tees, not the Tee

witchdoctor
10th May 2003, 21:51
So what is the name of the county then? Local confusion abounds as to whether Cleveland still exists as an entity, or has been replaced with Teesside (or smogland), or has reverted to County Durham and North Yorkshire. See what happens when local government gets involved!

Definitely 2 s's in Teesside. Only ignorant webmasters providing links to equally ignorant webmasters' pages spell it wrong, and Geordies and Mackams only do it to annoy us.