PDA

View Full Version : Heli commander honoured

Heliport
6th May 2003, 15:08
Honours were awarded on 29 April 2003 to British Service personnel for gallantry and distinguished service in a wide range of operations performed around the world during the period April 2002 to September 2002, including operations in Afghanistan.

Wing Commander Sean Reynolds, departing CO of 27 Squadron, has been made an OBE.

http://news.mod.uk/img/pressdatabase/images/supportingImages//thumbnails/reynolds_tn.jpg

The citation reads: “Wing Commander Sean Reynolds is awarded the OBE for his role in commanding the Joint Helicopter Command Group supporting 3 Commando Brigade on Operation Jacana. His leadership and airmanship were quite outstanding and he consistently provided air support in the harshest of conditions.”

Operation Jacana, which took place from April to July 2002, was the deployment of 45 commando and elements of 3 commando brigade in support of UK forces operating in south-eastern Afghanistan to deny and destroy the al-Qaeda terrorist infrastructure.

Chinooks from 27 Squadron swept through miles of inhospitable Afghanistan terrain successfully crippling the Al-Queda and the Taliban infrastructure. Miles of countryside were searched and training areas destroyed along with thousands of rounds of ammunition, bombs, rockets mines and grenades.

Congratulations to Wing Commander Reynolds and all aircrew involved in the operation. :ok:

ShyTorque
6th May 2003, 17:12
Very well done Sean. :ok:

I hope PF#1 was consulted. Sean should have have had his approach angles approved, just in case there were any Afghan chicken coops and hat throwers around. :uhoh:

the wizard of auz
6th May 2003, 17:54
Bwahahahaha, and I bet they carried thier own swags as well. ;)

Red Wine
6th May 2003, 21:23
What about all the poor ******s in the back that continued to be shot at on the ground, whilst this flight Crew were in the spa at the Sheraton back at base????

I understand now why we formed our own Honours List............for Specific worthwhile and identifiable tasks.....

Flatus Veteranus
8th May 2003, 02:18
I smell frying! ;)

Rude C'man
9th May 2003, 03:12
Despite numerous citations not one Crewman was awarded anything despite some very outstanding performances. I wonder why ? Come on your lordships , take thy heads from up thy arses!!
Now why is it im not signing on again sir,?