PDA

View Full Version : PPLTraining at Coventry

upforajob
1st Sep 2001, 00:57
Hi folks!

Does anyone have any info on PPL training at Coventry. I know there are basically three schools Almat, Coventry Flying Club, and Midland Air Training School.

I would be grateful of any advice or recomendations anyone may have.

Thanks

Delta Wun-Wun
1st Sep 2001, 01:15
There are four schools at Coventry,you are forgetting AWA Flying Club.I fly at Almat ...Good club probably the cheapest on the airfield.Autofly who posts on here flys at Coventry Aeroplane Club , Aerbabe and Mike Samuels fly with AWA.List topics on wannabes for the last 100 days.You should then be able to pick up e-mail details for everyone mentioned.Should get a fair idea of all the clubs.I have only flown from Coventry since Feb.this year.I am chuffed to bits with Almat,having said that I have not heard a bad word about any of the other clubs on the airfield either.

MikeSamuel
1st Sep 2001, 13:33
Yup, good stuff DWW, e-mail me anytime upforajob - [email protected]
I'm sure you will be welcome wherever you decide to go...

Regards

Mike :)

EricTheRed
1st Sep 2001, 22:59
I did my PPL 2 years ago at Midland Air Training and, 2 weeks ago, started a 737 type rating course with an airline! Great place to learn if you want to get a CPL and aspire to be a pro.

Give my regards to Ron and the "twins"!

ETR

upforajob
2nd Sep 2001, 01:46
All sounds pretty good to me. I am looking at getting a commercial pilot license at some point, so I obviously would like some good professional training to help me on the way.

Thanks for the replies.

Any further comments very welcome

upforajob
5th Sep 2001, 01:57
Been around the schools today. All look OK. I like the idea of flying PA28's and MATS have three of them. Ericthered...Do you think that getting your PPL at MATS realy made any difference when you whent commercial? From what I've heard-and there seem to be many conflicting views- it makes no difference where you do your PPL, although I obviously realise that not all PPL schools are the same.

Need to make a decision soon. I want to get on with it.

Thanks for the info folks

AerBabe
5th Sep 2001, 17:48
There's no need to stick to one club... Have a few lessons there and see how you get on. If you don't like it, try a different instructor, or move somewhere else. Remember, it's your money, and it's not cheap! I think at PPL level it doesn't really matter where you train, as long as you're happy.

[ 05 September 2001: Message edited by: AerBabe ]