PDA

View Full Version : New: Airbus A380 Cockpit Gallery

Airbuzz
6th May 2003, 06:12
Hello,

if you like to see some new pictures of the upcoming Airbus A380 cockpit / flight deck take a look at this site:

http://airbus.dyndns.info/A380/ :ok:

Interesting is the vertical display below the ND and the flap/trim display below the PFD.
A big step forward is the Unix-style FMS where you can manage a lot of functions without pressing a button, take a mouse cursor instead !
Usefull for Megaliners is the video system to make taxiing easier and the paperless FCOM etc. on the same screen (very left/right side).

The Airbus A380 is simply impressive ...

PAXboy
6th May 2003, 07:14
"A big step forward is the Unix-style FMS where you can manage a lot of functions without pressing a button, take a mouse cursor instead!"

That all depends!! In many cases, it can be faster to use a key than a mouse. It depends upon the keyboard, it's layout, the person using it and the commands that they need to execute at that moment. As long as one can choose mouse OR keypad, then it would be an advance. If only mouse, then it is as restricting as only keypad - just restricting in an equal and opposite direction!

BAe 146-100
6th May 2003, 17:39
Hi,

That flight deck sure looks comfortable ;)

BAe 146-100

L337
6th May 2003, 17:57
Lets hope the thrust levers move....

Sadly, not a chance.

L337

crewrest
6th May 2003, 18:26
Where's the crew rest area, how quiet is it, how big is it and can I have I shower:)

WelshFlyer
6th May 2003, 19:21
Nice! I really like the flaps/pitch trim display. As a light pilot, that's something I'd give my eye-teeth for!;)

WelshFlyer.

Chimbu chuckles
9th May 2003, 18:18
I wonder if the keyboards have Ctrl-Alt-Del buttons?

Chuckles:E

broadreach
12th May 2003, 08:12
I looked at the Airbus link. Didn't quite undersand the "Keep this up and running with PayPal" ad link. Could it be that's what's keeping development alive? Shudder.... nah.

Burger Thing
12th May 2003, 12:19
But why does the cockpit still have two seats? Thought one seat and a dog cage would be enough... :} ;) :p

Airbuzz
13th May 2003, 03:38
broadreach,

>>Keep this up and running with PayPal"

plz excuse if I go a bit OT now:

The problem with non-commercial image galleries is that they generate lots of bandwidth (data traffic) when their content is "hot". This has to be paid some how (~3-5$/GByte) by somebody :eek:
As you don't earn anything with a small private website a good solution is that you offer the public a chance to donate a bit (1-5$ or so). That helps to prevent small websites with nice content to shut down. :uhoh:

Human Factor
20th May 2003, 05:20
Looks good for commonality. No doubt the CAA will require an extra two months ground school to cover the extra profile display.

GlueBall
21st May 2003, 00:05
Crewrest: since the potable water and urine will be recycled in flight, your idea about the inclusion of a shower is conceivable. :ok:

VFE
22nd May 2003, 22:56
I like the keyboard on the food tray...... I'll give it two weeks before tiny bits of rotting food fallen between the keys starts to stink out the flight deck.

Also, does the mouse and keyboard mean Airbus are gonna provide internet access so the pilots can tap into PPRuNe in the cruise and if not, why not? :D

VFE.