PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Recruiting

beerlover
5th May 2003, 08:41
Has anybody heard of anybody getting any phone calls or interview recently with VB?

Master of the House
6th May 2003, 08:06
Yes i know a guy who has an interview next week.

Prop's ????
8th May 2003, 18:53
Yes I know a REX FO. He has an interview next week. I think they have slowed down. Only a few per month. :(

Sooty
11th May 2003, 07:24
I think with the silkair pilots and the rest from asia, there might be a bit of a slowdown in recruiting!!

Sounds like a lot of type rated pilots might be on the market.

Hopefully this will only be a temporary lull.

Ramboflyer 1
12th May 2003, 18:07
What crap sooty there is literally 100, s of 737 Ansett pilots who are not given the time of day with VBand i dont mean all the dispute guys either..
It is a greater advantage to be in the regionals.
Same as Dragon really they never hire type rated a320 Captains it would save too much money.
:suspect:

knackeredII
13th May 2003, 18:05
Dragon don't employ Captains, they train their own, same as Ansett did, so why should they employ rated Captains. They do employ rated First Officers, however, so I suspect sour grapes in criticizing their employment policies.

Sooty
14th May 2003, 18:08
Settle down Ramboflyer 1. I see your point but isn't it who you know with VB. All I heard was that some of the Silk Air guys had been applying and that VB were interested.

Maybe you are right about being from the regionals, I also heard they aren't employing many jet pilots because thay have to pay them more.

All rumours but isn't that what pprune is all about!!:hmm: