PDA

View Full Version : Instructor sponsorship

MTB Autopilot
31st Aug 2001, 15:14
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Does anybody know of any school that would sponsor an instructors rating. I presume you could work for reduced wages until the cost was paid off.

As I said all help appreciated.

springbok449
31st Aug 2001, 16:06
I think that they also started some kind of sponsorship of their own, not too sure how it works though and if it still exists.
Try calling them or website.

mintfavour
31st Aug 2001, 18:16
Im trying to do the same

I went to a Cab air interview yesterday and was very dissappointed with what i found. They do a part sponsorship scheme but this is how it goes,
You have to become a sales receptionist for a minmum of 2 years, then they will train you to become an Instructor if they tnk you are suitable. during the 2 years will be payed £13K plus £2K bonus, you willmost likley have to relocate to the flying school they place you at which will be somewhere around london (expensive). They will not pay you during your training, and you also have to get upto 180 hours before the train you. They do give staff discounts for flying, but you have to bear in mind that they are one of the most expensive schools in the country.

I worked it out with my current income which has nothing to do with aviation I could sponsor myself in the same or even less time.
Sorry Cab air there was no incentive for me to take the job if they are considering me.

Though it would be a good oppertunity for anyone just out of school.

Also during the interview he was trying to tell me how expensive aviation is uuurrrrr
like I dont know that already.

good luck

Airbus A320
31st Aug 2001, 18:17
Tayside Avaition in Dundee, Perth and Fife were running instructor sponsorship during CAA times, not sure about now in b****** JAA times. Try contacting them on 01382 644372, and ask for Lovat Fraser