PDA

View Full Version : Parking Tickets

18greens
3rd May 2003, 18:41
Anyone know if a parking ticket needs to be physically stuck to a windscreen before it can be considered served.

ie if you drive away before it is stuck on, do you get away with it?

Uncle Cracker
3rd May 2003, 19:23
I once read that the ticket was valid as soon as it had been written and could not be withdrawn either.
If you got a bike, you wouldn't get these problems...

Grainger
4th May 2003, 00:45
Don't be so sure....

Traffic warden once tried to write me a ticket for the bike once - and I was parked on the pavement at least 10 or 12 feet from the road !

It wasn't in anybody's way and I tried to argue with the TW that she didn't have jurisdiction away from the road. Well that didn't work so I just told her that if she started writing I'd get on the bike and be away before she could finish.

She started writing. I put my helmet on, got on the bike and rode off. Never heard anything more about it.

Uncle Cracker
4th May 2003, 00:57
Grainger

Good man!

Once went round a multi-storey the wrong way on the bike. Got asked by a car park attendant if I could read. (Nothing else was moving in there anyway.) Told him yeah, that's why I wasn't a car park attendant and rode off.

Sensible
4th May 2003, 05:02
I'll let you know, I just appealed a ticket which was "issued" after I drove off. The letter refers to "date of issue" I say if I drove off before the warden printed the ticket then it wasn't issued.

jstr4753
4th May 2003, 05:38
Read a story in our local paper a while ago about a man who had happily parked his car around the corner from work, totally legally and got on with his day.
Later in the day, the road painters were decorating that very road with double yellows. They were so unimpressed by the car in their way, that they bounced it out of the way, painted their lines, and bounced it back into place.
The guy returned to his car in the evening to find a shockingly efficient TW had laid a ticket on his windscreen and he had strange yellow patches on his wheels!

LordGrumpy
4th May 2003, 06:00
I SAY I SAY I SAY
Why does a parking warden have yellow bands on his hat.
To stop you parking on his head.

Synthetic
4th May 2003, 06:50
If you got a bike, you wouldn't get these problems...

Pushbikes maybe

I atracted the wasps interest 'cos the footrest of my BSA (all those years ago!!) was over the edge of a motorcycle parking zone.