PDA

View Full Version : Questions!!!!!!

SuperTed
31st Aug 2001, 13:23
Please can you help me answer the following.

1. Does it matter whether in terms of employment with airlines that you attended a not so reputable flying school when you did your PPL? But then went on to a better school to do your CPL/IR modular? Would the airlines take a dim view of this as its the beginning of your training?

2. Do airlines prefer you to have gone to a full time ground school (doing ATPLs) rather than a distance learning one? Would this affect your employment in any way?

3. How important is it to have gone to a reputable flying school to do your CPL? Does it make a big difference when you come to fill in those application forms for airlines?

4. Do airlines take a dim view of people who have left a big gap between their CPL skills test and doing the IR?

5. How important in terms of employment with airlines is it to have done all the training under 1 roof with one school?

Many, many thanks!!

SuperTed
31st Aug 2001, 21:11
Please could someone answer my questions!!!!! :)

Mr Benn
31st Aug 2001, 23:23
Lots of people seem to worry about this sort of thing but I really don't think it matters. First, when sending in your CV, the only thing they are looking at is hours and licence. I guess people who went to Oxford think they should put that on their CV to justify the amount of money they spent.
To everyone else its an irrelevance.
In some ways you probably worked harder to pass your tests going to a bad school than someone who was mummied through Oxford.
The only thing on your CV should be:-
CPL/IR.
ATPL exams passed.
Class 1 medical.
xxx hours
MCC (if you've done one)

Plus your name and address.

Who cares if you did your exams part time or full time? You still passed.
If you passed everything first time and got high marks in the writtens you could add it to your CV if you like.

Oleo
1st Sep 2001, 12:20
I agree, it doesn't matter, you are worrying too much. They will be far more interested in whether they want to sit beside you for up to 12 hours.