PDA

View Full Version : So I want to be an ATPL/IR via an FI

GolfFoxtrot
31st Aug 2001, 02:11
Lads and Lasses

Excuse me if I'm exhausting this topic but the search function keeps killing my contribution to Bill Gates pension.

Anyways I currently have 90 hrs on a PPL via an RAF flying scholarship and a number of student loans. In addition I will have about 20G by June next year after some hard saving working in oil and gas.

However I can't wait any longer and am considering hour building including IMC renewal, night and multi to 150 hrs then doing the ATPL exams and the CPL/FI route while I begin saving(deciding to hit next for a loan) for the multi/IR and to gain some very useful experience.

The final goal initially is TP/FO or JET/FO. Has anyone done this route and actually documented how much it cost, thing is I want to know how much more I will have to borrow.

Also does anyone know if BAE Jerez are offering a modular CPL yet with fulltime ground school which is what I'd be looking for.

Has anyone hour built on twins in say South Africa on the depressed Rand, just thought that would be a more useful way to spend 60 hours thats all.

Cheers Mates :cool:

Wee Weasley Welshman
31st Aug 2001, 02:27
No modualr at Jerez and I don't think it'll happen for a good while.

S Africa twin time is a good idea - try to do it at night as well and if possible plan at least one 'memorable' flight for the logbook as its a common question later - "tell me about an interesting flight that you have completed"; ummmmmmmmm I really just buzzed about the local flying training area Sir.... Close the door on your way out why don't you :)

Good luck,