PDA

View Full Version : Please help, drowning in AGK ATPL !

melissab
30th Aug 2001, 21:17
For anyone who can help I'm looking for any good feedback questions or recommended instructors who might be able to help me past my stumbling block.

I realise this a huge subject but am I the only one who finds this stuff hard to learn from a textbook? Trying to get past all the sterotypes about girls and engines.

Yours in anticipation...

scroggs
31st Aug 2001, 01:23
If you explain your problem(s) in a little more detail, I'm sure you'll get some useful help here.
I'm sure you want to say 'all of it', but try a few specifics!

melissab
31st Aug 2001, 16:07
well specifically electrics; pressurisation systems; piston engines and generators. And much more!

Anyone got any good sources of information they can recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :D

flufdriver
1st Sep 2001, 00:30
I get the feeling that you are trying to learn all this stuff from text books alone, if this is the case, it can be very difficult to retain. When I took my FE written many years ago (before I had any experience on Jets), it really helped to have visual aids where you could see how these systems worked and interrelate with each other.
If you, like me at that time, do not have the practical background, I suggest you take some classes which can help you with understanding this stuff, alternatively, find an engineer ( that's the member of the Cockpit crew that sits sideways most of the time and blocks the new Flight attendant from getting to the Captain) and have him/her help you over the hump on this stuff.

melissab
1st Sep 2001, 17:22
Many thanks,

I could definately do with some hands on information regarding this topic, things are always easier to learn if you can actually see them at work.
Any good flight engineers near East Anglia who'd like to help?
Ofcourse the trouble with these exams, as I've found is, real life is a lot different to JAR life!
:D :confused:

David Webb
2nd Sep 2001, 00:19
melissab,

E-mail me. I do not know what you problem area(s) is(are), but I am an ex-PPSC instructor (10 years, and a retired pilot) with six subjects. Anything I can do?

David

JB007
2nd Sep 2001, 12:18
Or try Oxford, notes and feedback are superb but it'll cost you a bit..!!!
www.oxfordaviation.net (http://www.oxfordaviation.net)

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: JB007 ]

Orangewing
2nd Sep 2001, 13:06
melissab, you would be well advised to take up Dave Webb's kind offer. I had the pleasure of being taught by Dave at PPSC and he is a true pro, knows the subjects inside out.He got me through them !! :D

melissab
2nd Sep 2001, 19:15
many thanks to all who replied to my plee for help, will definately be taking your advice. Here's hoping it will only take 2 attempts to finish these damn exams! :)