View Full Version : Ebace

LGW Vulture
2nd May 2003, 00:06
Given the current climate, how many ppruners are off to Geneva next week? I for one will be there.....although, as its my own expense account these days, I won't be splashing out!

:cool:

StressFree
2nd May 2003, 16:59
I went to the first EBACE a couple of years ago but found it an utter waste of time...........................

I hope things have improved by now or it'll never last.

:hmm:

Daifly
3rd May 2003, 03:26
Having the good fortune to do both EBACE and the NBAA I'd argue that if you're a European Operator and can only afford one then make it EBACE.

NBAA's great in terms of parties and freebies, but in terms of who you'll see and the stuff you really need to see, then Geneva provides all of the relevant information.

The majors are there, the airports, handling agents and operators are all represented and you'll see people you know.

Whilst at the NBAA you might have the opportunity to meet up with some of your American contacts, you'll see all your European ones at EBACE. In the current climate, that's where the business is!

It's improved since the first run, immensely. But if it's parties and freebies, then the States is the one.

See you at either!!

Aerohack
3rd May 2003, 18:40
I'm with Daifly. EBACE is still young but getting better, as witness all the major players booking space, while many are steering away from Paris and Farnborough. The Palexpo site at Geneva is perfect, with static ramp access directly from the exhibition halls, and the people you need to talk to are easy to find. I'm off there tomorrow!

photohack
3rd May 2003, 23:13
EBACE should be very good this year with a 17.5% increase in exhibitors and around 33 aircraft and helicopters in static park. Bombardier are bringing their Continental sorry model 300 for the first time and the new FAA Director will be making the keynote speech. See you there.