PDA

View Full Version : A320/1 Glide Path

pudd
1st May 2003, 16:51
Can anyone tell me the precise maximum glide path angle for an A320/1 on an ILS CAT1?
I have the autoland figures but I can't find the above figures anywhere! I think it's about 4+ degrees...

m&v
2nd May 2003, 01:40
I remember seeing the number3.5somewhere.The Auto pilot seem's to 'fly' the 3.5 quite well(turkey)..Back to the books.
Cheers:bored:

A4
2nd May 2003, 03:10
Mmmm........ don't know - can't find it either! However, the ILS GP to R/W 29 @ LTFE (Bodrum/Milas) is 3.9° and we DON'T carry the plates for it. We have to fly the VOR and then circle to land. The only reason I can think of for this is that the Bus cannot (should not) fly a path greater than 3.5°. This is supposition / logic (?) on my part.

A4 :confused:

SLT
2nd May 2003, 19:17
We carry plates for and fly the ILS 29 (3.9 degrees) at Bodrum with no problem at all for A320 and A321. I suspect that it's not so much an issue of what G/S angle the autopilot can handle as a limitation based on the angle at which the aircraft can maintain the speed. After all - too steep and it's going to accelerate! It manages 3.9 degrees no problem!

As has already been pointed out, the max G/S angle for autoland is 3.15 degrees, which is a limitation based on flare geometry according to Airbus.

Cheers all :)

pudd
3rd May 2003, 00:45
Thanks guys,
I'll ask a mate at Airbus (yes, I'm that sad!)and let those of you interested know.
Cheers Pudd.